I got the fever for a new F-350

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
The ford Nav updates are free now on the new trucks.

Time for a Dually upgrade ;)

Spent 2hrs at the dealer today. Came out knowing WHAT I want, but they can't find one within 1000 miles. Now I need to order it and wait 6-12 weeks.

2016 F-350 Lariat, 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel, Ruby Red (this color is the killer...VERY hard to find) Chrome Package, Camper Package, 5th Wheel Prep Package, Lariat Interior Package, and a few more odd stuff.

Still on the fence about 3.73 or 4.30 Axle...???

Not going to buy the Navigation system this time. I use "Waze" and "Google Maps" for all my driving needs. They are free...having live traffic and Police notifications. And they are updated all the time...for FREE...unlike the $500 Navigation update Ford kept trying to sell me every year.

View attachment 39780

jnbhobe

i have the 4.30 gears but would rather have 4.10's. The max tow package is not available with anything other than 4.30 gears and I wanted the wide track front end. Man this thing turns on a dime. I'll give up a little fuel mileage for the short turns.

Mburtsvt

Just an FYI - Got the 2015 F350, (yes -Ruby Red rocks), King Ranch Dually. This is my second Ford in 13 years with a Ram in-between, (never again). 14.3% off MSRP with no interest for 72 months. How can you pass this up!

jam20ster

When I bought my truck last year dealers where offering $13,000 of MSRP on the F250/F350. Then it came down to best trade in. If you are patient and time the market right you can get some really good deals.

Oregon_Camper

Oregon Camper, you need to come to Texas for dually shopping! Did a quick search and found quite a few ruby reds within 300 miles of me.

Think I found the exact truck I was going to have to build if I used the Oregon dealer. Waiting for PO to come in via email, then I'm booking a flight to Dallas tomorrow at 11am. If all goes as planned, I'll be on the road to Oregon by 7-8pm (Dallas time) tomorrow. WOW!!! Talk about jumping in with both feet!! YeeeHawww

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Think I found the exact truck I was going to have to build if I used the Oregon dealer. Waiting for PO to come in via email, then I'm booking a flight to Dallas tomorrow at 11am. If all goes as planned, I'll be on the road to Oregon by 7-8pm (Dallas time) tomorrow. WOW!!! Talk about jumping in with both feet!! YeeeHawww

Fantastic!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed that it all works out. Keep us posted!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Prestige Ford in Garland TX

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

They are a large volume dealer. I think my dad bought his Ranger truck from them wayyy back in 1998.

That's near my old stomping grounds from my youth! Unfortunately it may take an hour just to get to from the airport (either one), due to traffic and construction in Dallas metroplex.

Holler if I can help! We are about 2 hours west of DFW on I-20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

Good luck and safe travels. Make sure you get sleep and food. Can't negotiate on an empty stomach.

No negotiations on this deal. They were $3k LESS than I could build one at local dealer.....and this one has the FX package, Navigation and Sunroof. For $3k MORE in Oregon, I didn't get any of those features and I had to wait 12 weeks.

I'm a HUGE fan of cars.com now.

Bones

No negotiations on this deal. They were $3k LESS than I could build one at local dealer.....and this one has the FX package, Navigation and Sunroof. For $3k MORE in Oregon, I didn't get any of those features and I had to wait 12 weeks.

Good. Cars.com is awesome. That is what I used to find my truck and some other ones as well.

travlingman

Congratulations. Sounds like you got a great deal. Have a safe trip and remember, pics or it didn't happen.

JanAndBill

Congratulations on the new ride!!! I've got the fever so bad that I can't even look at a new truck without salivating. If I ever become so weak that I would "talk" to a salesman I fear that I will have no will power whatsoever. Our 06 only has 125k, runs great and still look great, but I've come to the conclusion that there must be some type of pheromones in that new car smell that goes straight to my brain.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats!! Glad it all worked out. Safe travels as you return home!!

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Very nice. Be careful on way home. What a way to break it in though. Lol