New F-350 --- 450 miles and getting average 20 mpg

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Be sure to check you tire pressure as that will differently affect fuel mileage.

scottyb

I assume you are speaking about a DRW since you referred to the 4.30's as an option. Here is my actual mileage while not towing, over 43K mi. It is strictly miles driven divided by gallons used, over a large number of miles and fillups. Don't get lured by the "Dreamer"

Attachments

• 2013 F350 DRW Fuelly.com.jpg
    2013 F350 DRW Fuelly.com.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 80

Oregon_Camper

I assume you are speaking about a DRW since you referred to the 4.30's as an option. Here is my actual mileage while not towing, over 43K mi. It is strictly miles driven divided by gallons used, over a large number of miles and fillups. Don't get lured by the "Dreamer"

What app are you using? I like the look of that information.

Bones

I carry a book with me and log the numbers when I fill up. Takes me just a few extra minutes but so far I'm not getting any where what you guys are getting. I had one fill up so far and I averaged 13.5 mpg.

BLHFUN

1992 F350 7.3 international with a banks sidewinder turbo charger. I got 22 to 23 without even trying to save fuel. Man I miss those days. That truck would pull a house right off the foundation without breaking a sweat.

Oh.. 1 more... That 92 was fully loaded with every option. Under 30k new. My 13 platinum gets 6 to 7 mpg pulling and cost over 70k.

Where are we going to be in 20 more years?

scottyb

What app are you using? I like the look of that information.

Fuelly.com. It's free. I have always logged my fuel and mileage in a book for tax purposes. Now I use Fuelly.com, but I still haven't given up the book, yet.

1992 F350 7.3 international with a banks sidewinder turbo charger. I got 22 to 23 without even trying to save fuel. Man I miss those days. That truck would pull a house right off the foundation without breaking a sweat.

Oh.. 1 more... That 92 was fully loaded with every option. Under 30k new. My 13 platinum gets 6 to 7 mpg pulling and cost over 70k.

Where are we going to be in 20 more years?

I bought a '93 XLT when it was new. I believe I paid around 22,500 for it. I put 256K on it and sold it to our surveyor, who continued driving it. They were bullet proof. It didn't seem to matter how you drove them, the mileage was the same. It had 4.10's and got 14-16 MPG. Of course mine was NA and not a turbo. I drove it up Pike's Peak and you should have seen the smoke screen we laid out.

Attachments

• CO 95-033.jpg
    CO 95-033.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 27

Mburtsvt

Oregon_Camper

Not really an App, but a redirect to a mobile optimized web site. It’s a good program, but its being held back by a poor mobil web site. People using OS devices can add data via the website as well. Instructions are on their web site.

Would be REALLY nice to have a way to insert "towing"...so I can see MPG while towing and MPG when not towing. Just lumping into one doesn't seem right.

BLHFUN

I bought a '93 XLT when it was new. I believe I paid around 22,500 for it. I put 256K on it and sold it to our surveyor, who continued driving it. They were bullet proof. It didn't seem to matter how you drove them, the mileage was the same. It had 4.10's and got 14-16 MPG. Of course mine was NA and not a turbo. I drove it up Pike's Peak and you should have seen the smoke screen we laid out.

I Think I was at 25k, but Lory seemed to think 30k. Heck we were just 24 years old and it felt like 300k. I took my lab to a trainer in Colorado and the black smoke was embarrassing at best.. You could see my truck from Texas! Lol

scottyb

Would be REALLY nice to have a way to insert "towing"...so I can see MPG while towing and MPG when not towing. Just lumping into one doesn't seem right.

That's easy. Set it up as a separate vehicle while towing. Of course if you do both on the same tank of fuel, you can either omit that fill up or suffer some accuracy.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 29

Oregon_Camper

That's easy. Set it up as a separate vehicle while towing. Of course if you do both on the same tank of fuel, you can either omit that fill up or suffer some accuracy.

Good idea! I normally fill up the truck before leaving anyway, so all I need to do in order to complete the cycle is remember to fill up when I get home from camping trip.