I hope this doesn't freak anyone out but...is this normal???

myla296

IMG_6302.jpg
This is the following leg, I plan on having the lead leg out tomorrow to see the condition of that one! (This is from a 2010 Road Warrior).

Btw, accepting advice in regard to what to replace it with, thanks!

myla296

I don't have a clue what you are talking about???????? Picture of what????

Ugh-this-dumb-website-gets-stuck-on-not-allowing-spaces!!!----Anyway,-the-picture-is-there,in-my-post-but-I-don't-know-what-it-looks-like-on-tapatalk.(but-I-did-view-it-on-my-phone-and-now-on-my-computer)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, now I see it. That is the off door side landing gear leg.
What is wrong with it.

Peace
Dave

Bones

I have had the unfortunate event of knowing what that looks like. It would appear that your landing legs have moved. I can see the slight scratches and the catch is dented in. This may have happened over many years or just a hard slight drop. It appears as if the stop tabs are caved in a bit too. When you removed the bolts did they seem loose? Maybe I'm wrong. Do some more investigation.

myla296

I have had the unfortunate event of knowing what that looks like. It would appear that your landing legs have moved. I can see the slight scratches and the catch is dented in. This may have happened over many years or just a hard slight drop. It appears as if the stop tabs are caved in a bit too. When you removed the bolts did they seem loose? Maybe I'm wrong. Do some more investigation.

Yup,(ugh-what-is-up-with-this-website-not-letting-me-use-my-space-bar-switching-to-phone)

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Yup,(ugh-what-is-up-with-this-website-not-letting-me-use-my-space-bar-switching-to-phone)

When the space bar doesn't work like that, just hit the enter key and all will work fine!

Then go back and delete the first unspaced line.

It only does this sometimes when you quote someone.

This is something that has been going on for a couple of months now and the forum's IT guys are still trying to figure it out.

myla296

Yes, one of the bolts was loose...glad we did not find out in an even worse way what could have been! We decided to replace with bulldog dual motor 8000lb via etrailer (paid more than eBay from another seller but cjnsuerjng their outreach, had to support them.)

btw, my boyfriend paid for them since my birthday is coming up, lol (it's my rv, but...it's not like he won't appreciate the new confidence we'll have in the legs finally!

Bones

Yes, one of the bolts was loose...glad we did not find out in an even worse way what could have been! We decided to replace with bulldog dual motor 8000lb via etrailer (paid more than eBay from another seller but cjnsuerjng their outreach, had to support them.)

btw, my boyfriend paid for them since my birthday is coming up, lol (it's my rv, but...it's not like he won't appreciate the new confidence we'll have in the legs finally!
Sounds like a good deal. Make sure you tighten them then check them on occasion

Bones

Yes sir! (and thanks John D for the return/space bar tip :)

I think your bolt being loose allowed the landing gear to slide into the support and then caving it in a bit. It may have been a slow process over time. The catch did exactly what it was suppose to do and stopped your landing gear from moving any further.

myla296

I think your bolt being loose allowed the landing gear to slide into the support and then caving it in a bit. It may have been a slow process over time. The catch did exactly what it was suppose to do and stopped your landing gear from moving any further.

It's amazing what one inch of metal can do! (Well, that and likely the inch of metal on the other side as well :) I'm moving on to that one today to remove it...)

myla296

All set! Behold...The Bulldog 10,000 lb dual motor landing gear! It wasn't a direct fit since the bracket was bent upward from previous owner drop (our friend welded together a jig and using the pressure of the frame, brought the bracket back down by turning a screw on the jig). This was to avoid welding, which a certified welder said he'd advise us to avoid doing. Also, it appeared that we had to flip the motor upside down (intended option by Bulldog), and had to use high torque (since that setting left the motor bracket flush with the leg wall or frame were too close). We also removed a couple of the Bulldog mounts that were blocking us from getting the mount to sit on the part of the bracket was welded to the frame (on the original picture I put on this thread it would be that, except Bulldog welds on the metal after the fact).

This may be overkill but we feel WAY better about the landing gear than we ever have before! Thank you everybody for your help and what not!

File Jan 15, 4 55 01 PM.jpg

Bones

All set! Behold...The Bulldog 10,000 lb dual motor landing gear! It wasn't a direct fit since the bracket was bent upward from previous owner drop (our friend welded together a jig and using the pressure of the frame, brought the bracket back down by turning a screw on the jig). This was to avoid welding, which a certified welder said he'd advise us to avoid doing. Also, it appeared that we had to flip the motor upside down (intended option by Bulldog), and had to use high torque (since that setting left the motor bracket flush with the leg wall or frame were too close). We also removed a couple of the Bulldog mounts that were blocking us from getting the mount to sit on the part of the bracket was welded to the frame (on the original picture I put on this thread it would be that, except Bulldog welds on the metal after the fact).

This may be overkill but we feel WAY better about the landing gear than we ever have before! Thank you everybody for your help and what not!

View attachment 49317

Nice Got some inside pics of the work?