I Took Delivery Yesterday - Cyclone 4000

alex00

After waiting what seemed like an eternity (9 weeks) I took delivery yesterday on my 4000. I ordered it in January, they built it in February, then the weather refused to cooperate. My wife kept making fun of me at the dealership, apparently I was pretty excited. We did the PDI walk through, and everything was nearly perfect.

The only issues I discovered were the wrong size mattress and minor collision damage from the transport driver. The dealership took care of the mattress issue, and gave me a due bill for the collision damage. Luckily it is isolated to a trip piece on the ODS rear corner. There are some faint scratches on the decals, but they are only noticeable when pointed out. It looks like the driver backed into something, or swung too wide on a right hand turn. Luckily the fiberglass is fine.

I can't wait to get home from work today and go play with my new toy. I wasn't able to spend any time with the coach last night after parking it. The curvy driveway and parking pad don't make for an easy time in the best of conditions, and arriving well after dark made it even more fun. Luckily there are a ton of outside lights on the Cyclone, so I fired them up and parked with out too many issues. I had to cut one tree down that got in the way, but it was a small one.

It feels great to officially be an owner. I've been drooling over this particular unit for almost a year now. I've already got a bunch of things waiting to get installed. Progressive EMS, Steady Fast stabilizers, two TVs and mounts... Not to mention loading it all up with everything from our old trailer.

Here are some shots I took at the dealership. I'll take more photos when I get home.
20140330_163020_resized.jpg 20140330_134007_resized.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats! Looks great with the truck. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottyb

Congratulations Alex. It looks beautiful behind the new truck. Can't wait to see your progress with the solar panels and inverter.

alex00

Thanks everyone. I've been given a list of honey-do's before starting ANY mods (including solar). I think technically I can install the parts already ordered, I just need to read her fine print. hahahah. We have a bunch of house projects left over that I never got around to. Now that I have a shiny new toy, she knows I'll never get back to the house unless she puts her foot down. I NEED to install the EMS and Stabilizers before our trip but that shouldn't take too long.

The cool thing is my trailer is already a collector's item. It was apparently the last trailer built with the old bedroom window, since they retooled and added the big bedroom window the day after mine was built.

On a serious note, if anyone with a 4000 and the new Broyhill couches can chime in, I have some questions about how the recliner connects to the stationary couch. Neither I or the dealer tech could figure it out. I called Heartland, but they will need photos and info to send to Broyhill.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Looks great! Now you need to bring it to Oregon for a rally on the coast. Sand dunes and forest trails everywhere. Lots of curvy roads to drive on.....

Sound tempting?

Kristy

alex00

Looks great! Now you need to bring it to Oregon for a rally on the coast. Sand dunes and forest trails everywhere. Lots of curvy roads to drive on.....

Sound tempting?

Kristy
It sure does. We both love Oregon. A rally sounds like a pretty good excuse to head up that way.

Cjackg

....................... if anyone with a 4000 and the new Broyhill couches can chime in, I have some questions about how the recliner connects to the stationary couch. Neither I or the dealer tech could figure it out. I called Heartland, but they will need photos and info to send to Broyhill.

Did you resolve anything on this? I wonder if these are the same type of new Broyhill couches now used on several Cyclone models...

alex00

Did you resolve anything on this? I wonder if these are the same type of new Broyhill couches now used on several Cyclone models...

I have not. I'm still waiting to hear back from the service rep. As far as I can tell they are the same couches as the other cyclones but this one splits.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

chiefneon

Howdy!

Alex, I'm in the same boat. Finally picked up our Cyclone 4000 today. I was not happy with the new design of the funiture. Ours has a recliner at the "L" shaped couch that does not attach to anything. It was in the toy area when we did the PDI. The tech though it belonged there. We soon discovered it belonged in the living area. They took it apart and carried it into the living area and just pushed it up to the "L"shape. When I asked how it was secured I was told thats it it will be OK. I when asked what to do with it when we traveled. They said to put it back in the toy area. Thats not going to work because I don't think we'll have room for our Smart Car then. The next option was just to push it to the center between the slides. Next problems is that blocks any access to the to the kitchen with the slides in. They told me to come through the rear door. The sliding glass door is locked and secured for travel no access that way. This was not thought through very well. I wished we could have the old funiture that you removed a cushin and slide the couch it. Camping World did not seem to care and it sounds like neither does Heartland. They blame it all on Broyhill the maker. Also by acident we notice a transformer in the rear of the couch next to the fireplace while looking for outlets. The tech tracked it down and found out the recliner next to the fireplace is electric. We are the tech had never seen an electric motorized recliner in a RV.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Last edited:

Hippy

Our 2014 3110 Cyclone came with 2 electric recliners, 1 manuel and the other stationary.

alex00

Our 2014 3110 Cyclone came with 2 electric recliners, 1 manuel and the other stationary.

Hi Hippy. Mine has one electric recliner next to the TV, a manual one on the removable part, and a manual one in the love seat across the living room. Pretty cool set up.