I Took Delivery Yesterday - Cyclone 4000

Hippy

Nice. I had the same color in our Bighorn. This time we went with Onyx. Break up the colors a little.

remoandiris

Next problems is that blocks any access to the to the kitchen with the slides in. They told me to come through the rear door. The sliding glass door is locked and secured for travel no access that way.

Take your coach keys with you. The slider unlocks from the garage with a key. Hopefully you can get thru the garage with your Smart in there. BTW, even with the previous generation "L" shaped couch, I open the slides a bit to get to the kitchen. Not a lot, maybe a foot of so.

I don't think the recliner sitting between the slides is a good option when traveling anyway unless it is covered on the sides to prevent damage to it and the other furniture. Better have protection underneath it, too so it doesn't scratch or gouge the floor. Lots of movement going on when traveling.

alex00

I was aware that the couch sections pulled apart, and moved into the garage. I'm still trying to decide where to keep it since getting it through the door to the garage is going ot be a challenge each time. I like the idea of coming in though the garage if the keys work. I can keep the couch up front, and then just move it into place when the slide goes out. I'm sure it will work itself out in the long run. My only wish it that if it was meant to be 'stand alone' that they covered the mating side.

I can tell you that sitting in the previous couch compared to this one is night and day. It may have been more convenient, but our couch is much more comfortable. I'll see how well it stays in place on our upcoming trip, then decide if I'm going to tackle making some sort of bracket.

Howdy!

Alex, I'm in the same boat. Finally picked up our Cyclone 4000 today. I was not happy with the new design of the funiture. Ours has a recliner at the "L" shaped couch that does not attach to anything. It was in the toy area when we did the PDI. The tech though it belonged there. We soon discovered it belonged in the living area. They took it apart and carried it into the living area and just pushed it up to the "L"shape. When I asked how it was secured I was told thats it it will be OK. I when asked what to do with it when we traveled. They said to put it back in the toy area. Thats not going to work because I don't think we'll have room for our Smart Car then. The next option was just to push it to the center between the slides. Next problems is that blocks any access to the to the kitchen with the slides in. They told me to come through the rear door. The sliding glass door is locked and secured for travel no access that way. This was not thought through very well. I wished we could have the old funiture that you removed a cushin and slide the couch it. Camping World did not seem to care and it sounds like neither does Heartland. They blame it all on Broyhill the maker. Also by acident we notice a transformer in the rear of the couch next to the fireplace while looking for outlets. The tech tracked it down and found out the recliner next to the fireplace is electric. We are the tech had never seen an electric motorized recliner in a RV.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

alex00

Couch Bracket

Chief,

I got the bracket Heartland sent me installed today. Based on the where the bolt looking thing is on the removable part, I lined up the bracket on the fixed couch. Only 4 of the six screw holes were on top of something solid, but it seems pretty sturdy. The bracket doesn't make the setup rock solid, but definitely will keep the couch from moving around.

I also started storing the recliner in the living room. I push it up against the fire place and the L shaped couch. I wrapped a long bungee around it and it seems pretty secure. I can step over it if needed. The fridge slide pops out first, so if I really need to move through I can open that slide without unhooking the bungee. There is so little room to move around with the slides in, that I don't feel I'm giving up too much. Pretty happy overall keeping the recliner in the living room.

Howdy!

Alex, I'm in the same boat. Finally picked up our Cyclone 4000 today. I was not happy with the new design of the funiture. Ours has a recliner at the "L" shaped couch that does not attach to anything. It was in the toy area when we did the PDI. The tech though it belonged there. We soon discovered it belonged in the living area. They took it apart and carried it into the living area and just pushed it up to the "L"shape. When I asked how it was secured I was told thats it it will be OK. I when asked what to do with it when we traveled. They said to put it back in the toy area. Thats not going to work because I don't think we'll have room for our Smart Car then. The next option was just to push it to the center between the slides. Next problems is that blocks any access to the to the kitchen with the slides in. They told me to come through the rear door. The sliding glass door is locked and secured for travel no access that way. This was not thought through very well. I wished we could have the old funiture that you removed a cushin and slide the couch it. Camping World did not seem to care and it sounds like neither does Heartland. They blame it all on Broyhill the maker. Also by acident we notice a transformer in the rear of the couch next to the fireplace while looking for outlets. The tech tracked it down and found out the recliner next to the fireplace is electric. We are the tech had never seen an electric motorized recliner in a RV.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

misty

Re: Couch Bracket

Chief,

I got the bracket Heartland sent me installed today. Based on the where the bolt looking thing is on the removable part, I lined up the bracket on the fixed couch. Only 4 of the six screw holes were on top of something solid, but it seems pretty sturdy. The bracket doesn't make the setup rock solid, but definitely will keep the couch from moving around.

I also started storing the recliner in the living room. I push it up against the fire place and the L shaped couch. I wrapped a long bungee around it and it seems pretty secure. I can step over it if needed. The fridge slide pops out first, so if I really need to move through I can open that slide without unhooking the bungee. There is so little room to move around with the slides in, that I don't feel I'm giving up too much. Pretty happy overall keeping the recliner in the living room.

We had this same situation with our PDI wondering how the chair attached. The dealer said it is just meant to sit next to it and it would be fine. Are you glad you got the bracket? We've only been out once and it seemed ok without the bracket. I do have to move the chair back into position if it has been reclined, however so over time this might drive me crazy. Can you post pics of the bracket and how you installed it so we can show our dealer? Also, hauling that extra chair in and out of the garage is a pain. It barely fits through the door and we can't fit our toys in there if the chair is there. We've decided to stow ours as you described and it seems to be ok so far.

Our biggest problem is with the electric reclining chair next to the fireplace. It tips forward when you sit in it. We had to prop it up with a 2x4. Reclining isn't even an option because of this. We will be taking it in after this weekend's trip to get it looked at and hopefully fixed.

alex00

Re: Couch Bracket

We had this same situation with our PDI wondering how the chair attached. The dealer said it is just meant to sit next to it and it would be fine. Are you glad you got the bracket? We've only been out once and it seemed ok without the bracket. I do have to move the chair back into position if it has been reclined, however so over time this might drive me crazy. Can you post pics of the bracket and how you installed it so we can show our dealer? Also, hauling that extra chair in and out of the garage is a pain. It barely fits through the door and we can't fit our toys in there if the chair is there. We've decided to stow ours as you described and it seems to be ok so far.

Our biggest problem is with the electric reclining chair next to the fireplace. It tips forward when you sit in it. We had to prop it up with a 2x4. Reclining isn't even an option because of this. We will be taking it in after this weekend's trip to get it looked at and hopefully fixed.

I'll grab some pictures when I get home tonight. I'm really happy I installed it. It provides just enough support to keep the chair lined up.

The recliner near the fireplace in ours is rock solid. I hope the dealer gets yours squared away.

I could not imagine having to pull that recliner in and out of the garage each trip. I'm glad it fits in the living room and only requires a bit of stretching to walk over when all the slides are in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk