Ice On Sat Dome

RB2012

ANY BODY OUT THERE HAD ICE ON THERE SAT DOME , WINEGARD CARRYOUT CAN I USE DEICER OR WARM WATER HAD A BAD ICE STORM IN KY LAST NIGHT AND TEMPS WILL NOT RISE UNTILL TOMORROW tHANKS RB2012

mlpeloquin

ANY BODY OUT THERE HAD ICE ON THERE SAT DOME , WINEGARD CARRYOUT CAN I USE DEICER OR WARM WATER HAD A BAD ICE STORM IN KY LAST NIGHT AND TEMPS WILL NOT RISE UNTILL TOMORROW tHANKS RB2012

The radome on your antenna may or may not crack if you hit it with warm water. Use cold water like you would on your windshield of your car. It will melt it. I would not risk deicer chemicals on the antenna just in case and the cold water will melt the ice.

Tundra2084

If it's still working then do NOTHING. Why risk any damage to it if you don't have to. As long as your getting signal just let it thaw out on its own. If No SIGNAL then bring it inside for awhile and let it thaw out. JMHO.

RB2012

ANY BODY OUT THERE HAD ICE ON THERE SAT DOME , WINEGARD CARRYOUT CAN I USE DEICER OR WARM
WATER HAD A BAD ICE STORM IN KY LAST NIGHT AND TEMPS WILL NOT RISE UNTILL TOMORROW tHANKS RB2012

Got....it....Hairdryer

Oregon_Camper

Use rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) in a 2:1 ratio with water…put in spray bottle. Mix and spray on ice and watch it melt away. This work because isopropyl alcohol freezes around -128F.

Works great on car windshields. Say good-bye to scraping. Plus you can just leave it in your car, unless it gets to -128 where you live. :cool:

Last edited: