Idea

Routemaster

What do you guys think about having a door opener at the base of the entrance door like the semi trucks do?
Den.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
What do you guys think about having a door opener at the base of the entrance door like the semi trucks do?
Den.

You would then need two door latches so you can open the door from the inside instead of kneeling down. I don't think the construction of the current doors would facilitate having them linked together. There are accessories you can add to either extend the top step (a set of folding stairs that go over the OEM ones) or a porch system. Since we stay on the same site all summer, I purchased the Porta-Deck system so now I have a large area at door height and stairs that lead from it. It all folds up when we store the rig.

Routemaster

Hey Jon. I bang my shin the other day, maybe one could run a rod up through the door to exiting door lock with just the outside part of the latch at the bottom? I tend to open the before stepping on the steps because of swing of the door.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
For what you’re suggesting, the door handle would have to operate up/down, not pull outward from the door panel like the standard RV door latch handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk