igerWater pump, lights, etc. won't come on with battery

Georgia_Biker

We are on our way to the Heartland Rally in Ft. McDowell, AZ. At a rest stop I went to use the bathroom and the water pump would not come on or any of the switches in the switch panel would work.

After I arrived and parked at the campground I found the Residential Refrigerator was working fine off the battery. Also the slides work and the levelers work. I checked the circuit breakers and fuse panel and all looked good. What am I missing?

BTW when I plugged in land power everything works.

Thanks

davebennington

I am not sure you may have to reset the circuit breaker that charges the batteries. We had the same problem so I changed the circuit breaker for one that auto resets.

dave

rxbristol

I am not sure you may have to reset the circuit breaker that charges the batteries. We had the same problem so I changed the circuit breaker for one that auto resets.

dave

Hi Dave,

I have not seen one that auto-resets. Can you supply a link on where to purchase?

Thanks,

davebennington

The manual circuit breaker shpuld be the one at the top of breakers under the inverter. Just change it with the next one down and the batteries will charge. You can pick up a 50 amp breaker at any NAPA store or call Heartland they can fix you up. You may want to consider getting a 80 amp breaker from Heartland or Lippert and change out the slide breaker that is a 50 amp and fails quite often.

dave

Georgia_Biker

Dave-

Thanks for the reply. I have a FB3875 and my circuit breakers are parallel - there is a 50 amp named Main - is that the one you are mentioning?

danemayer

Larry,

Look near your battery. There's a row of 12V DC mini-circuit breakers, connected by a copper buss bar. They're usually covered by a red rubber boot. One of the breakers has a teeny tiny reset button. I've attached some pictures that may help.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 49
  • circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Buss Bar boot off Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar boot off Notated.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 48

wdk450

I don't know if this is still true, but on my rig this main breaker for charging current from the converter to the battery system is underrated. On my rig the converter is rated at 60 amps maximum output, and the main DC breaker is a 50 amp breaker. I blew it while plugged in to shore power an overdoing setting down the rear stabilizers. I now check that 12 volt battery power is available (and the main DC breaker is not tripped during set-up by trying inside lights BEFORE energizing shore power to the rig, or turning off the converter/charger AC circuit breaker while connected to shore power, and trying 12 volt lights then.

The main DC breaker limits charging current to the battery from the converter, and ALSO limits delivered current from the battery to the lights, pump, and all other lighter loads on the DC fusepanel. The landing gear, slides and residential refrigerator (heavier 12 volt loads) have their own separate DC circuit breakers from the battery-powered buss bar, and thus were working for you even though the lights and pump didn't work at the time the main DC breaker was tripped.

Georgia_Biker

Dan-

I am familiar with that and don't know why I did not check it first - brain cells clogged with cobwebs - Thanx!