I'm back!

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Re: It’s been a great ride!

You'll be just fine....whether you go back to Heartland or not. You have so much to be proud of as you've accomplished so much and created a VERY large and loving family. If it weren't for you we wouldn't have so many people in our lives that I thank the Lord every night in my prayers (you & Nancy, Kevin & Nelly, Jay & Stella, Eric & Dorothy, Dan & Karen, Dave & Mary,...oh gosh, I could go on forever.

Thank you for everything. We'll see you down the road, I have no doubt.

jbeletti

You'll be just fine....whether you go back to Heartland or not. You have so much to be proud of as you've accomplished so much and created a VERY large and loving family. If it weren't for you we wouldn't have so many people in our lives that I thank the Lord every night in my prayers (you & Nancy, Kevin & Nelly, Jay & Stella, Eric & Dorothy, Dan & Karen, Dave & Mary,...oh gosh, I could go on forever.

Thank you for everything. We'll see you down the road, I have no doubt.

Aw Kelly... You are my favorite P. Thank you so much for the kind words and kindness always. We can all be pretty pleased with the community we've created. Love you and Michael and look forward to the next time we meet. Come visit us this winter in TX for a few nights!

Last edited:

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired

Jim, all I can do is reiterate what Kelly said. You are the backbone of the club and we wish you and Nancy well. You're help has been invaluable to us. We can't wait for this country to settle down and get back to rallies and traveling again. I know we'll see you down the road.

avvidclif

Jim we only met once (first rally) but I enjoyed talking with you. Both then and on here. Remember you are still a Heartlander, Member #01, and I hope you keep on posting.

CU down the road.

ILH

Hi Jim,

Based on your replies, you sound like you are taking everything in stride. It's still a kick in the gut. My wife and I were both laid off (same day) after 35+ years of service at the same employer, with less than 4 years to go to full retirement. At the time it was horrible - but 6 years later, we both retired and very happy. Life has a way of working out.

Thanks for the all the advice and help over the years with our RV purchase(s). Hopefully you'll be back soon.

jbeletti

Hi Jim,

Based on your replies, you sound like you are taking everything in stride. It's still a kick in the gut. My wife and I were both laid off (same day) after 35+ years of service at the same employer, with less than 4 years to go to full retirement. At the time it was horrible - but 6 years later, we both retired and very happy. Life has a way of working out.

Thanks for the all the advice and help over the years with our RV purchase(s). Hopefully you'll be back soon.

Hi Ian (and Linda)- nice to hear from you. Yes, trying to take it all in stride and keep smiling - it's all we can do. Being let go after 35 years for you guys had to feel horrible. Glad it worked out eventually.

It has been my pleasure to know you guys and see you at rallies in the US and Canada. Hope to see you down the road!

jbeletti

Jim we only met once (first rally) but I enjoyed talking with you. Both then and on here. Remember you are still a Heartlander, Member #01, and I hope you keep on posting.

CU down the road.

Cliff! I remember meeting you. I believe it was at a West Texas Chapter Rally in Quanah, TX. Sir, it was my pleasure to finally meet you in person then, after years of knowing you only online.

Yes, I suppose I will always be member 1001 :). Take care sir and perhaps see you down the road.

- - - Updated - - -

Jim, all I can do is reiterate what Kelly said. You are the backbone of the club and we wish you and Nancy well. You're help has been invaluable to us. We can't wait for this country to settle down and get back to rallies and traveling again. I know we'll see you down the road.

Hi Nancy! Great to hear from you. We missed you in Abilene but understand why. Thank you for the kind words. Thank you for your past leadership in the club too! I share your sentiment for the country getting back to normal and travel/rally resumption.

Sorry we have not been in touch with you guys of late but I do hope that Dave's final treatment went well and that he is recovering.

JJnVA

Jim,
Crazy times for sure and sorry to hear your job position with Heartland has been put on hold - temporarily. I so agree with everyone's comments and the bottomline YOU ARE THE HOC!
Working with you on the Heartland Gives Back initiative at the North American rallies since 2014 (Urbanna & Goshen) has been so rewarding. You set the stage for the HOC members to open their hearts and pocketbooks to help the communities we rallied in. But, the CONSTANT with you has been your giving back to the Heartland Owners! Thank you for everything.
Jack and I wish you and Nancy all the best. See you down the road.

gschaaf

Jim
Sorry to here the bad news!! I can't say anymore that hasn't already been said. You put together a great club and just wanted to say it has been a good ride for us also. We have made a lot of friends and great times since 2010 all over the country at the rallies. Good Luck!! in what ever comes your way. Hopefully it will be back in the drivers seat HOC!

Glenn and Fran

jbeletti

Jim
Sorry to here the bad news!! I can't say anymore that hasn't already been said. You put together a great club and just wanted to say it has been a good ride for us also. We have made a lot of friends and great times since 2010 all over the country at the rallies. Good Luck!! in what ever comes your way. Hopefully it will be back in the drivers seat HOC!

Glenn and Fran

Hi Glenn and Fran - thank you for the kind words. Happy to hear we succeeded for you! Thank you for the well wishes. I will be back in some form, somewhere at sometime :)

- - - Updated - - -

Jim,
Crazy times for sure and sorry to hear your job position with Heartland has been put on hold - temporarily. I so agree with everyone's comments and the bottomline YOU ARE THE HOC!
Working with you on the Heartland Gives Back initiative at the North American rallies since 2014 (Urbanna & Goshen) has been so rewarding. You set the stage for the HOC members to open their hearts and pocketbooks to help the communities we rallied in. But, the CONSTANT with you has been your giving back to the Heartland Owners! Thank you for everything.
Jack and I wish you and Nancy all the best. See you down the road.

Oh Judi - you are so kind. Thank YOU so much for all you have done for the Heartland Gives Back initiative. You and your team really rocked it!

As I reflect on the impact we've had with HGBi across so many areas of North America over the years, under your leadership and Cheryl's before you - our membership really blessed so many communities, causes, people and animals.

It's my sincere hope the HGBi lives on within the Heartland Owners Club.

You and Jack take care and look to see me pop up somewhere down the road - hopefully back here!

Bobby A

Hey Jim,
Nothing to add that hasn't already been expressed, I hope the big dogs at Heartland read each and everyone one of these posts, and if they don't know it already, your hard work and loyalty to Heartland over many years has made many people loyal to Heartland. Hope the best for you and Nancy and stay happy and healthy buddy.

Bobby and Lisa

'Lil Guy'

I wonder if there might be an AOC in the future. Wanting to upgrade in the near future and it seems a good time to explore all options. Seems like HL would have posted something about the future of the HOC and anymore planned cutbacks after such a shocker.. I guess we'll just wait and see.

Ted_Dee

Jim, we are truly saddened to hear this. I am sure we will see you sometime now that you are ONE OF US ONE OF USE hear in Texas. I know I will always remember the time at the
West Texas Chapter Rally in Quanah, TX when our front slide would not retract. It was early Sunday morning and I was standing outside just staring at the slide, as usual about 6 guys walked over to ask what was wrong. Then you showed up and worked on it for about 30 minutes then you called someone from the factory to get instructions on what to do. You went way and above to help and I will always be grateful. You are always welcome to Margaritaville / Tiki Bar. Best to you and Nancy always.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired

Jim and I are sorry to hear of your current situation. Tough times are here but this to shall pass and hopefully the industry will be busy than ever. Personally we would like to thank you for all you have done so far for Heartland, its members and your support and leadership for all us chapter leaders and regional directors. We are fortunate to have meet you and Nancy and enjoyed our times at rallies together. We wish you both all the best in your new chapter of life and hope to meet up with guys down the road.

jbeletti

Jim and I are sorry to hear of your current situation. Tough times are here but this to shall pass and hopefully the industry will be busy than ever. Personally we would like to thank you for all you have done so far for Heartland, its members and your support and leadership for all us chapter leaders and regional directors. We are fortunate to have meet you and Nancy and enjoyed our times at rallies together. We wish you both all the best in your new chapter of life and hope to meet up with guys down the road.

Hi Colleen (and Jim) - great to hear from you. Thank you both for your past leadership in the Club! I too feel the industry will be back and be strong. It will just take some time. But I'm wondering if will be a swift recovery for the industry based on the fact that people are all cooped up now for weeks/months and will be raring to go once the pandemic has passed and restrictions are lifted.

You guys travel safe and we hope to see you down the road.

- - - Updated - - -

Jim, we are truly saddened to hear this. I am sure we will see you sometime now that you are ONE OF US ONE OF USE hear in Texas. I know I will always remember the time at the
West Texas Chapter Rally in Quanah, TX when our front slide would not retract. It was early Sunday morning and I was standing outside just staring at the slide, as usual about 6 guys walked over to ask what was wrong. Then you showed up and worked on it for about 30 minutes then you called someone from the factory to get instructions on what to do. You went way and above to help and I will always be grateful. You are always welcome to Margaritaville / Tiki Bar. Best to you and Nancy always.

Ted and Dee - great to hear from you! We have missed you at rallies and that was our loss for sure.

Yes - we are one of you now!

I remember Quanah very well. I really enjoyed that rally. And I remember helping someone out that Sunday and only now, do I know who it was. It was my first time trying to figure out / work on the Schwintek slide system and I really learned a lot that day. Great too that I knew just who from the plant to text on a Sunday to get some tips. Did I intrude on their day off? Yes. Was it the right thing to do to help a customer? For sure!

I truly hope I see you guys down the road and even better, that the full Tiki Bar crew gets back together at a rally in Texas that I can make it to. You and Dee take care!

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if there might be an AOC in the future. Wanting to upgrade in the near future and it seems a good time to explore all options. Seems like HL would have posted something about the future of the HOC and anymore planned cutbacks after such a shocker.. I guess we'll just wait and see.

Frank - it took me a few minutes to get this. Hah! Yeah - I don't see that happening but one must keep all options on the table. My sincere hope is that I will be recalled to Heartland and pickup where we left on and take things to the next level.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Jim,
Nothing to add that hasn't already been expressed, I hope the big dogs at Heartland read each and everyone one of these posts, and if they don't know it already, your hard work and loyalty to Heartland over many years has made many people loyal to Heartland. Hope the best for you and Nancy and stay happy and healthy buddy.

Bobby and Lisa

Bobby and Lisa - my old pals from MI - great to hear from you and thank you for the kind words.

I saw on FB that a Heartlander was staying at JaMar and told them to look you guys up. Take care and we hope to see you again in the near future.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired

We are not quite sure what to expect in the future for the club but it sure has been a fun time from the very first rally we attended (my grandkids still talk about your stuffed french toast) to now. Hopefully you will be back soon. Thank you for putting your trust in Debbie and I as chapter leaders and regional directors. Your help and advice is forever valued.

jbeletti

We are not quite sure what to expect in the future for the club but it sure has been a fun time from the very first rally we attended (my grandkids still talk about your stuffed french toast) to now. Hopefully you will be back soon. Thank you for putting your trust in Debbie and I as chapter leaders and regional directors. Your help and advice is forever valued.

Hi Gerry and Debbie - Thank you for your past and continued leadership in the club!

I fondly remember that rally. Poncho's Pond I think. Yes, the French Toast is legendary and not many club members have had it. It's a lot of work but oh so good. Here's hoping for a chance, at a small rally in the future - to make it again! :)

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

Jim, I am sorry to hear about your hopefully temporary departure from heartland. It has been a fun ride as part of the heartland owners club.
Thank you for your recent visit last fall to the Iowa rally it was good to have seen you recently before these challenging times happened upon us.
Thank you for the leadership that you brought to the club that you brought so many unique and interesting people from across the country together.

I hope that the future brightens soon and our paths cross again. Good luck wherever your next adventure may lead!

Last edited:

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired

Jim,

What you have created here is nothing short of AMAZING!! Your vision and leadership has led to a virtual community and something that has created more friendships than could be counted! You singlehandedly created countless people to remain loyal to Heartland that would have otherwise moved on to a different brand. This club is what sparks loyalty. The dream you had when you pitched the Heartland Owners Club to Heartland RV's more than 15 years ago has proven to be something truly inspiring! I hope that in the past 15 years Heartland has seen the absolute value in this club and how many repeat sales that were made because of it. The Heartland Owners Club without you is like a plane without a pilot.

Also, thank you for being a friend! You are someone that I have come to trust and value as a friend! Kelly and I are praying that this all resolves itself quickly and Heartland reinstates you again. We will keep you both in our thoughts and prayers!

Rod & Kelly

'Lil Guy'

Jim,

What you have created here is nothing short of AMAZING!! Your vision and leadership has led to a virtual community and something that has created more friendships than could be counted! You singlehandedly created countless people to remain loyal to Heartland that would have otherwise moved on to a different brand. This club is what sparks loyalty. The dream you had when you pitched the Heartland Owners Club to Heartland RV's more than 15 years ago has proven to be something truly inspiring! I hope that in the past 15 years Heartland has seen the absolute value in this club and how many repeat sales that were made because of it. The Heartland Owners Club without you is like a plane without a pilot.

Also, thank you for being a friend! You are someone that I have come to trust and value as a friend! Kelly and I are praying that this all resolves itself quickly and Heartland reinstates you again. We will keep you both in our thoughts and prayers!

Rod & Kelly

Very well put, especially the part about staying true to HL brand. I moved up a foot at a time with 3 rigs in 3 years. All HL products, mainly to stay in the HOC. That's the kind of family Jim's built. A least the HOC members felt loyalty to the club and HL. Apparently Heartland has lost site of the importance of the HOC and looked for other ways to cut corners like the way they cheapened the LM Oshkosh, or replacing more of the nice woodwork with more particle board or a stand alone $40.00 chair in the bedroom.lol
I honestly believe HL, under their new management, is headed down the wrong road. Time will tell.