I'm out of here, enjoy your Heartland RVs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadJunkie

Happy you got the opportunity to vent a bit on your Heartland issues and wish you the best of luck with your new rig.

Last edited by a moderator:

MTPockets

Out of warranty, flat tire, overloaded?, (F250), This says zip.

Last edited by a moderator:

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
It sure would be helpful if you could expand on the "critical component failures" and the folks at Heartland customer service who offered "ZERO" support. Also the tire type, pressures, miles, load, excreta involved in the tire failure so we can get a more complete picture.

Best of luck with your new unit.

GOTTOYS

Wow! Aren't we a happy bunch this morning? Good luck with your new SOB. Let us know how that holds up after a year or so...Don

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
My question is - did you talk to Heartland Service Dept. or just the dealer? Sometimes dealers just don't go passed their noses, especially with service.

BarneyFife

After experiencing over $5,000 in critical component failures to my 2012 Cyclone 3010 HD edition only 4 months out of warranty, and $10,000 damage due to tire failures, I got "ZERO" customer support out of Heartland. I have traded this monster off on a competitor's product and I am once again a happy camper. Heartland, you talk a good game but when it comes time for the rubber to meet the road, you failed miserably. Good luck Heartland owners, your going to need it!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck with your new camper. Before too long, we'll be financially able to do the same. :)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If the OP did call HL with that attitude...no wonder they said NO. Unless the walls fell off the CY....what componets failed? Most things that are $5K probably had a 2-3 years warranty. If he had called Tredit tire they might have paid to replace the tires and repair the damage. BTW, I bet his new SOB has the same china bombs on it. A F250 pulling a CY?? Good luck with that.

ParkIt

Doubt asking will help though it sounds like they did not have a good experience, 10K in tire damage alone (sounds like not once but at least twice) would put most people off any brand.
Hopefully the dealer they traded it to will document any previous damage and issues so the next buyer isn't stuck in the middle of a dealer - manufacturer tennis match. That seems to have been a subject brought up more often than anything else and I'm not sure why so many RV dealers are so shady considering 1,000 people per day hit 'retirement' age...the largest growing buyers of RV's since the 50's.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
JMO, but I think this has gotten about enough attention (at least from me) since we as forum members can't do anything to help the OP out.

Good luck to them and hopefully they are happy in the future.

Now, back to camping! It's too beautiful a day to spend on the computer.

Kristy

danemayer

If the OP did call HL with that attitude...no wonder they said NO. Unless the walls fell off the CY....what componets failed? Most things that are $5K probably had a 2-3 years warranty.

Prior posts indicated failure of a gray tank gate valve, with a $400 repair bill, and hydraulic problems with a $2500 repair bill. There were several posts questioning the high price of the hydraulics repair, which was supposedly for leaking valves, but no response from the OP. The prior posts also indicated that the dealer contacted Heartland for help on the post-warranty repairs and was turned down. No indication if Lippert was involved or if the owner contacted Heartland directly.

Bosty, as you read this forum, you'll find the vast majority of owners are satisfied and are happy with the way Heartland has treated them, both in warranty and post-warranty. It seems like you fell through the cracks somewhere and we can only hope that you're happy with your new trailer.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
So long Bosty! Enjoy your new rig, whatever brand it may be. We'll be hanging on to our 7 year old Bighorn. It has served us well and for very little $$$.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hasta la vista, Bosty!

Sorry you had so many problems.
Good luck with your new rig. Wave when you go by, so I'll know who you are.:)

We have been fulltiming in our Bighorn for almost 3 years and we love it. Trace

Status
Not open for further replies.