Improper Wired Recepticles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChopperBill

I dont think its the cost of the outlet as it is the amount of time to hook up a quality outlet. I bet they can wire 3 trailers with the "push in" outlets in the amount of time it would take to wire one trailer with the "screw in" outlets.

rebootsemi

Yes, but....after all these years in business, the fundamentals should be solid. No loose wires, leak free crimps, free flowing ducts, good and complete seals.

Ted,
Somebody that actually gets it, it does not cost one penny more to do the job or task correctly the first time. I would be willing to bet you could ask anybody that is in the trades of actually making a product be it a RV, house, car, truck or dog houses if it is better to do the job once correctly or 2,3,4 times before getting it right. I would like to see real numbers for what the warranty work costs these RV mfg's. Just look what it costs the customers having to drag the units back to the dealers, you don't get paid for the time or fuel to take it back.
The concept of doing the job correctly the first time is a foreign thing to some of these company front office bean counters, they mistakenly thing that warranty work is just a part of doing business.
Pictures of fine slap is together factory quality work and pic of the same with a little bit of common sense and work.
I rest my case.

Attachments

• Area Before.JPG
    Area Before.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Sundance water pump before.JPG
    Sundance water pump before.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Area After 1.JPG
    Area After 1.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 79
  • Sundance water pump after.JPG
    Sundance water pump after.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 83

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
rebootsemi,
You make a lot of good points but it seems as though this is your first RV. I bet if you have looked and any other RV outlets from any other manufacturer in the past 20 or so years you would find very similar outlets in them too. I am not saying that this is good or bad but it seems that the RV industry has their own sets of rules, again not saying that this is good or bad. There have been others like yourself who do not care for the way their trailers were put together and I suspect you will make many corrections to suit yourself and highlight them all for us to see. That is great and we welcome your input and I am sure Heartland will see these posts and take what they can from them. All this said, the majority of RV's, regardless of price point are used very little by the majority of owners. Just look at any outside storage facility. They may use them on major holidays and could care less if the outlet costs $.25 or $3.25 as long as they work.

BTW, it would be intersting if you could back up your point with data instead of opinion if you really want to get your point across.

Mark

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
All the bozo's would have had to do is strip another 1/4" of insulation off.

I would like to point out that the people that put these trailers together are not bozo's. They are hard working men and women.
I have been to the factory and would not want to do what they do. No one stands around drinking coffee and chatting. They hustle.
Just sayin.

Peace
Dave

rebootsemi

Ok all you cheerleaders can accept the poor quality of work from these mfg's. All I am saying here is that these trailers could be constructed so much better with just a very very small amount of training and supervision at the factory. And believe me it would save HL a bundle of duckets if they could eliminate just 50% of the warranty. How's that for a fact???

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ok all you cheerleaders can accept the poor quality of work from these mfg's. All I am saying here is that these trailers could be constructed so much better with just a very very small amount of training and supervision at the factory. And believe me it would save HL a bundle of duckets if they could eliminate just 50% of the warranty. How's that for a fact???
No one is disagreeing with the fact that things should and could be better. From my point of view, what are we to do? As mentioned before, we get what we pay for. We want better, we have to pay more. Or we could choose to stay in a motel and not be concerned with any of this nonsense.
Calling anyone names, weather it be bozo's, monkey's or cheerleaders really doesn't fix anything but it must make you feel better.

That said, this thread is closed from further posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.