Independent suspension vs the Liberty rider with Joy rider shock kit

sjandbj

After listening to many owners and three different vendors all talk about suspension problems and the upgrades that can be done. I thought the Morryde suspension would be just too expensive. The reality is that I can get the IS installed cheaper than I can get the liberty rider slipper springs with the Joyrider shocks installed. Henderson line-up's price was 3299.85 while Morryde's price for the IS installed 2800.00. I was surprised.

From what I have been told by many other Heartland owners the IS system is the best system out there. What does others have to say about this topic.

Regards,
Steve

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I am pretty sure that MorRyde IS is $3300.00 per axle (or what were axles) for disc brakes and IS, for a total of $6600.00. We just got the rally price quote from them a couple months ago and that is what they quoted us.

Rod

After listening to many owners and three different vendors all talk about suspension problems and the upgrades that can be done. I thought the Morryde suspension would be just too expensive. The reality is that I can get the IS installed cheaper than I can get the liberty rider slipper springs with the Joyrider shocks installed. Henderson line-up's price was 3299.85 while Morryde's price for the IS installed 2800.00. I was surprised.

From what I have been told by many other Heartland owners the IS system is the best system out there. What does others have to say about this topic.

Regards,
Steve

jnbhobe

$2800 is about the right price for IS , plus about 2500 for disc brakes, call Gary Wheeler at mor Ryde

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sjandbj

Another question. For those who have had the IS installed what bearings did you choose, the 2 piece or the NEV R Lube?

porthole

Retired
Another question. For those who have had the IS installed what bearings did you choose, the 2 piece or the NEV R Lube?

Somewhere on this forum I did a comparison of the the two types of bearings offered, but I cannot find the thread.

But, my preference is conventional bearings as they allow the load to be spread across the spindles], and allow maintenance.

"Never-lube" is exactly that, and doesn't mean tha they never need lube.

Here is just one of threads on the bearings.

Here is a cheesy graphic I did.

Attachments

• Hubs.jpg
    Hubs.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 33

Garypowell

Had mine done in June this year.....don't remember exactly but it was in the $6,600 range for the whole job. Excellent upgrade we talk about how it has already proved itself in two emergency stops and a much smoother ride.

We went west from Elkhart and have now pulled the rig for about 8,000 miles with no complaints.

I got the traditional bearings. Anything sold as never or always concerns me a little.

jbeletti

Regards,
Steve

Steve - I have the MORryde IS and I have to tell you that having no axles or springs gives me a lot of "peace of mind" for the 25,000 miles I put on the coach each season. That said, I never had axle issues before but I have had spring issues.

DirtyMax88

Regards,
Steve

We have an appt with MorRyde at the beginning of December for the IS and disc brakes on our Landmark. Rob with MorRyde has been fantastic to talk to and deal with. $6600 is correct, that's the price he quoted me. The price is worth the piece of mind IMO. Everyone I have talk to has Zero regrets. I will get back to you when the work is completed to let you know my thoughts.

sjandbj

If all goes as planned I will be driving back to Indiana the day after thanksgiving to have the IS installed. I am very excited to get it done. It will be an interesting trip 2000 miles on the old axles going and then 2000 miles on the return to Las Vegas.

jbeletti

If all goes as planned I will be driving back to Indiana the day after thanksgiving to have the IS installed. I am very excited to get it done. It will be an interesting trip 2000 miles on the old axles going and then 2000 miles on the return to Las Vegas.

If you want to take a more southerly route, over to ABQ and up, we have a guest spot with your name on it in Falcon, CO off of US-24:)

rjr6150

If you want to take a more southerly route, over to ABQ and up, we have a guest spot with your name on it in Falcon, CO off of US-24:)

Or if you want to stay on I-80 we have a 50amp hookup. Just south of exit 96 off I-80.😎😎

DirtyMax88

I'm very excited to get everything installed and take her on a trip. I only have about 600 miles or so, from Maryland to Indiana. Safe travels and i look forward to hearing what you have to say!