New Mod - added Liberty Rider / Joy Rider suspension system

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Have had our 2016 Bid Horn 3270RS for 3 years and have completed our second mod. Got the Liberty Rider/ Joy Rider suspension system installed by one of our Heartland friends this weekend and now will have to see what the ride is like. First mod was disc breaks installed about two years ago. Love them.

Will update this later after we get home from the trip.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Re: New Mod

Hey BigJim,

I too would like to hear how this rides for you to Goshen. I've read positives and negatives about the system. Hoping it's mostly positive.

Does Ginger miss me?

'Lil Guy'

What exactly are you trying to achieve here. I love the disc brake mod but I don't understand the money for the suspension upgrade. I've traveled a lot in groups and I've never noticed these rigs bouncing like the cheaper small TTs. Wet bolts are good if installed right and not over torqued. I have 8K axels on my 3270RS and it seems to ride and pull nicely. I don't notice any excessive bounce or ride issues looking at the other rigs I travel with while on the road. I, too, am waiting to hear what difference you are going to achieve with this mod. Please keep us posted. Good luck in our endeavor.

mlpeloquin

I put the Joy Rider shock system on over two years ago. No more frozen food bouncing out of the freezer. Nothing flying out of the cabinets. We have two place settings of Corelle. Both have flown out of the cabinet during traveling and the bowls smashed. All this prior to installing the Joy Rider shocks. Always had 5 to 8psi over the minimum required pressure for the weight carried and that should not cause bounce from the tires being over pressurized. The Joy Rider shock system has cured the problem. With about 40k miles on the fifth wheel, I never had a spring break. I have had two rear spring hangers snap off which is not shock related. I did up grade after the 2015 national rally to bronze bearings and greased bolts. That made the suspension work quiet and smooth.