Information/pictures about organizing Bighorn basement

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Thanks Truknutt for the link. And actually the plastic slat wall holds quite a bit of weight. The brand we got was Sterlite and it comes in 18" x 4' sheets. Screwed them to the front wall. Ray has a basket that is currently holding 2 full gallon jugs and it hasn't moved in all the trips we've taken. The elec cord was hanging there too until we moved it. I beleive the stuff was originally made for garage tool storage. It's lightweight, but pretty stout.

lhetsler

Basement Storage

I bought a set of those metal shelves, put them together and turned them upside down. That way the shelves have sides on them and things stay put. The shelf frame is metal, but the shelves themselves are wood. It stores a lot on three shelves and it never moves.

drjbb

brownie
The basement is huge in the 3055 so I built a shelf. I put lighter gear on the 3/4 in plywood like lawn chairs screens and such and heavier articles in the floor bbq, firepit, small fridge and a plastic 3 drawer chest for small articles like tent pegs, decorations , tools and such that will get lost if left ..