Input on Mor/ryde pin box conversion requested

BillW

I have a 2012 BH3610RE and want to improve the ride whiletowing. I see that one of the options in the 2013 brochure indicates that theMor/ryde pin box is now an option. Doesanyone have a experience with this product and is it worth the conversion? I see others are more expensive but since theMor/ryde is offered as manufactures option I wanted to look at that first.
Thanks,
Bill W
Sparta. Mo

jimtoo

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I don't have that pin box, but anything you can do to replace the solid pin box that is standard will greatly improve the ride, not only in the tow vehicle but also in the trailer.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon.

Enjoy the forum and your Big Horn.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
What is the particular issue you want to resolve? That may help others guide you to a solution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Delaine and Lindy

I have owned the Mor/Ryde pin box and would recommend the Mor/Ryde. We have used the Standard pin box on our Mobile Suites but we also had a Trailer Saver Air ride 5h wheel hitch. If I were spending the money I would go with a Trailer Saver Air ride hitch. Happy Trails.

57chevyconvt

I installed a 5th Airborne pin box on our 2010 - BH3410RE prior to making the trip to Alaska last summer. The 5th Airborne performed very well over all the humps and bumps on the ALCAN highway. I purchased a Mor/ryde pin box but sold it because it didn't take care of the up and down movement of the rough road.

BillW

Thank you all for the feedback. I will explore some additional options before committing to the anything based on the feedback provided.
Regards to all.
Bill

jimtoo

I would recommend the Trail-Air. It will take care of the up and down bumps,,and also the forward and back motion. Makes a lot of difference in your ride and everything in the trailer.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We like our 5th airborne, took care of the chucking (front to back movement) we were having. I sometimes watch the coach as we drive, and it really seems to float over the rough stuff compared to the bed of the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I have owned the Mor/Ryde pin box and would recommend the Mor/Ryde. We have used the Standard pin box on our Mobile Suites but we also had a Trailer Saver Air ride 5h wheel hitch. If I were spending the money I would go with a Trailer Saver Air ride hitch. Happy Trails.

Lindy,

Good to hear from you and thanks for weighing in. What's this "I sold my coach"? Guess we won't be running into you anywhere soon. Be well.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We have had a Mor/Ryde pinbox for 5 years now and it works fine. Go on Tweetys.com and get prices from them.

R-Bryan

Realize I'm a bit late to the party, but had checked out this thread while researching my options for a pin box modification. I have air bags on my tow vehicle so I was more interested in what the MorRyde pin box had to offer than some of the other products. I spent several hours on the web looking for the best price on one that would fit my RV. Stumbled on across an EBay seller that had the absolute lowest price out there for a Lippert 1621 (14,000 - 18,000lb) rig. The name of the site is: http://www.radauto.com/shop/ and they had it listed for $539.99 and that included free shipping!! I ordered it last Wednesday, April 3rd, the guy called me shortly thereafter to confirm the weight rating I needed and confirm the order, he also said they'd ship it out before the end of the week... by Friday morning it was already in state and the shipping company was calling to confirm a deliver time!

It arrived as ordered, nicely boxed up, not a scratch on it, also included a set of instructions. So, if anyone else is looking for one of these, you can't beat the price, the convenience and speed with which these folks took care of my order.

R. Bryan
2011 Bighorn 3670RL
2001 Silverado Crew Cab, 4x4 Duramax

mobilcastle

I have had the Mor/Ryde and on this rig I just installed a Demco to see how well it preforms. I think Mor/ryde is a good hitch, but I noticed NuWa using Demco on all their models. I will be taking a trip at the end of the month so I will get to see how it works. Good luck.

Theresau

This is who we purchased from via Ebay and Ebay had some form of promotion so we got it for 10% less. Altogether it came to $493 in total (including shipping and no tax).

We need to give profs to Radauto because we originally ordered the wrong pinbox - caught it the day it was just shipped out. They worked with the freight company and had it returned at no cost to us. They then immediately shipped the correct one out last Friday after they learned it was on its way back to their warehouse in Florida (didn't even wait for it to get there) and we received it today and Joe already installed it.

Realize I'm a bit late to the party, but had checked out this thread while researching my options for a pin box modification. I have air bags on my tow vehicle so I was more interested in what the MorRyde pin box had to offer than some of the other products. I spent several hours on the web looking for the best price on one that would fit my RV. Stumbled on across an EBay seller that had the absolute lowest price out there for a Lippert 1621 (14,000 - 18,000lb) rig. The name of the site is: http://www.radauto.com/shop/ and they had it listed for $539.99 and that included free shipping!! I ordered it last Wednesday, April 3rd, the guy called me shortly thereafter to confirm the weight rating I needed and confirm the order, he also said they'd ship it out before the end of the week... by Friday morning it was already in state and the shipping company was calling to confirm a deliver time!

It arrived as ordered, nicely boxed up, not a scratch on it, also included a set of instructions. So, if anyone else is looking for one of these, you can't beat the price, the convenience and speed with which these folks took care of my order.

R. Bryan
2011 Bighorn 3670RL
2001 Silverado Crew Cab, 4x4 Duramax