Thoughts on the MOR/ryde King Pin box or a 5th Avenue Air Ride King Pin box??

cms

Guys,</SPAN>

My only experience pulling a 5[SUP]th[/SUP] wheel is my dad’s 2011 XLR 35x12 Toy Hauler with his 2011 Ford F450 Dually. When we hit bridges or expansion joints it bucks really badly. Going to the outer banks of NC it was terrible!</SPAN>

So I just bought the new truck, I installed a B&W Companion 5[SUP]th[/SUP] wheel hitch. Have not picked up my trailer yet but I’m also thinking about going with a MOR/ryde King Pin Box or the 5[SUP]th[/SUP] Avenue Air Ride Pin box.</SPAN>

Thoughts?? </SPAN>

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Love my Mor/Ryde, had it 5 years now and is cheaper than a air ride hitch. Ckeck on Tweetys.com.

Gizzy

Had the 5th Airborne installed by dealer when we bought our coach almost 2yrs/12,000 miles ago. Has worked great. We also have air bags installed on the truck.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
We got a heads-up that there would be a new hitch showing at the Goshen Rally next year. Better than sliced bread, the cat's pajamas. We will see. I think it is coming from LCI or Mobile Outfitters.

lwmcguir

Had the 5th Airborne installed by dealer when we bought our coach almost 2yrs/12,000 miles ago. Has worked great. We also have air bags installed on the truck.
We have tried a lot of pins. The 5th Airborne was the best so far. Just installed a GooseBox so will let everyone know how that works out. Very easy to install and the trip out of the shop went well. Heading out Friday to give it a test.

cms

lol... I didn't realize I typed in 5th Avenue... I meant 5th Airborne. My father-in-law has a Trail-Air on his trailer. I have never pull it though.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I'm thinking that 5th Ave candy bar wouldn't last very long (for a number of reasons).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rick_debbie_gallant

Did it take much modification?

Thanks

PS, you have any pics.?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340138928.735995.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1340138952.849241.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1340138973.840875.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1340138990.945729.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1340139008.082775.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1340139031.702865.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1340139075.788117.jpg

The only mod to the shroud was to grind off some of the bottom of the shroud and moveIt forward a Tad. How are those pictures?

I thought it turned out pretty good. you really cant even tell there is an air borne hitch under there.

One of the things I like about the fifth airborne is the fact the air bladder is under the pin box rather than out in the open like the air ride. What I like about the shroud is the fact that the sun is not beating down on the pin box and heating that up. Not sure if that makes a difference or not but I like it.
---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?nnn54a
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: