Input on moving from 2500 to 3500

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Gary, I use the exhaust brake at all times...towing or not. Use and enjoy it and wait until you are pulling.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Bob:I do the same thing...Dealer has always said keeping the exhaust brake on cleans the fins on the Turbo.

Doublegranch

My 2011 I had to turn it on each time I started the Truck....but my new 2016 towing to Colo, appeared to remember the settings if the engine had not been shut off overnight. It remembered the exhaust brake and tow haul mode the majority of the time....not 100% however.
This new exhaust brake has three setting: On full, second setting allows you to coast until the brake is touched and then it comes on full and of course off.

Bob&Patty

Nope, I have to turn it on every ignition cycle. It's always part of my pre-flight inspection. Ya know, got the dog, got DW, Horn hooked up, beer in fridge, kicked the tires, beer in fridge, bottle of fireball, wine in fridge, got the dog, beer in fridge, and pulled red flag. OH yea...make sure got the dog and beer. NOW HIT IT. OH nuts forgot DW....Rats.

Doublegranch

Bob:

I sure hope you have that written down, as I could not remember all that except the dogs and beer! Oh I forgot don't have a DW!

Bob&Patty

I thought it was kinda odd that I had to tell DW to put on her seat belt and saw the dog in the front passenger seat. Oh well CRS. I saw this nice elderly lady running in the street behind us waving her arms in the outside mirror.

Bones

I thought it was kinda odd that I had to tell DW to put on her seat belt and saw the dog in the front passenger seat. Oh well CRS. I saw this nice elderly lady running in the street behind us waving her arms in the outside mirror.
LOL funny

Bob&Patty

Sometimes it's hard to tell which is which. Pat changes her hair style and color more than I change my shorts. Sometimes the only way I tell the difference is from behind, cause "Callie" has a bushy tail. OH YEA....I'm dead meat now.

Doublegranch

Bob: Are you tired of living? This sounds like suicide to me, but then what do I know!
Patty: Please forgive him, he is a man and knows not what he does!!!!!!!!!

Bob&Patty

I recant everything I wrote. I didn't do it. I think Callie did it. I will swear to it. Besides Pat never reads the forum anyway.