Interior Wood Finish

rancol01

Randy and Colleen Smith
We are the proud original owners of 2011 BH 3670 with the oak interior wood finish. We full-time and through repeated cleaning and contact with water, in a couple of places the finish is starting to wear/fade. What type, brand and color of finish is used as we'd like to touch it up and keep it looking as good as the day we bought it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MTPockets

We started seeing some of that and used Minwax indoor/outdoor Spar Urethane clear coat; Clear Satin finish. This totally eliminated water spotting and added a layer of perfect protection. I removed the doors and applied outside, and did the inside fixed areas on nice days with plenty of ventilation. I used spray cans, but brush on would have been better for the inside work. We full time as well and cabinets look better than new with two years use.

Westwind

We have the Glazed Maple finish on our 2012 Bighorn which isn't holding up as well as the clear Oak finish that was on our 10 year old Sunnybrook. I've had to touch up cabinet doors with maple stain and the clear polyurethane finish and the tops and edges of the cabinet doors are holding up well now that I've redone them. I don't know what type of finish it is, but it really doesn't hold up well and wet hands really don't help the finish at all.
Hopefully Heartland has changed that finish to something more durable.

Bobby A

Wow,
That's one of the reason we purchased our 2010 3580 Bighorn was the beautiful oak finish, its still holding up well, we do use the orange glo a couple times a year, that's what they were using at the factory when we sent to see our unit being built, so I've been using it ever since.

Snowbirds

We have a 2014 Bighorn with Lasso interior and we've been wondering what the wood is and what kind of finish and what color we might buy to touch up the marred places....?? Thanks

Last edited:

Westwind

The tops of our cabinet doors lost their finish and the wood was a very light colored small grained wood. It did not look like Maple to me, so I feel the color (maple) was sprayed onto the wood since it didn't look like it had been absorbed by the wood. That could be part of the problem. I have never seen a post which said what the wood was or any posting about the finish by Heartland.

Theresau

We have the dark cherry finish cabinets. Even straight out of the factory the finish appeared to be a bit off. I've cleaned, etc. but just recently used Lemon Pledge (like Dawn it can be a life saver). Worked great!!!

I really do like these cabinets - like them much better now that the shine is more even...