Irma

carl.swoyer

At McDill AFB and the right rear wheel on my Silverado lly duramax started locking up. Trying to get it fixed Wednesday am. Then return to McDill AFB famcamp to retrieve my Landmark Rushmore fifth wheel and run home board up the house in Spring Hill Florida. Then figure out where to go. I'm 9 miles from the West coast. This is going to be a long long long week.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Good luck! Irma looks very bad for someone, hope it's not Florida or anywhere else in the United States. We don't need any more destruction.

kowAlski631

Good luck. We're in Myrtle Beach and trying to figure out where she's heading. Everyone stay safe. Irma looks nasty.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Good luck. We're in Myrtle Beach and trying to figure out where she's heading. Everyone stay safe. Irma looks nasty.

Matthew chased us out of MB last year. And in 2015 there was historic flooding in SC.
Hope these Atlantic storms are over when we get there later this month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
I just posted on the Florida Chapter Rally thread. If anyone is looking for a spot in central inland Florida to set out Irma, We have a member owned Super Nice campground near Kissimmee FL with 50 amp FHU concrete sites, pool, clubhouse, nice folks. $25 per day or $140 for a week. Many Heartland Owners are members. You will need a reservation , but I will arrange for you. ahcooperii@gmail.com Email me for more info or to make reservation. Hogan Cooper

kowAlski631

Matthew chased us out of MB last year. And in 2015 there was historic flooding in SC.
Hope these Atlantic storms are over when we get there later this month

We live here and were present for both. We're praying that it's not 3 years in a row. Everyone be safe.

TrailCreek

We are bugging out of Naples Wednesday as soon as we can. Seeing the rush and traffic this morning coming from Key West, it will get ugly in most areas of South Florida real soon. Depending on what Irma does overnight, we were thinking about Jacksonville where we have a fraternity campground. Any suggestions in the Valdosta or Tallahassee area if Irma takes an easterly path? We need a large pull through with 50 amp service. Probably a week.

jbeletti

We are bugging out of Naples Wednesday as soon as we can. Seeing the rush and traffic this morning coming from Key West, it will get ugly in most areas of South Florida real soon. Depending on what Irma does overnight, we were thinking about Jacksonville where we have a fraternity campground. Any suggestions in the Valdosta or Tallahassee area if Irma takes an easterly path? We need a large pull through with 50 amp service. Probably a week.

In Tallahassee, I stay at Tallahassee RV Park: http://tallahasseervpark.com/ They have long 50 amp FHU pull-throughs. Note that they do have a lot of tall mature trees. If they get super high winds, the trees could be a liability.

Wherever you plan to stay, call for reservations in the morning!

jbeletti

I just posted on the Florida Chapter Rally thread. If anyone is looking for a spot in central inland Florida to set out Irma, We have a member owned Super Nice campground near Kissimmee FL with 50 amp FHU concrete sites, pool, clubhouse, nice folks. $25 per day or $140 for a week. Many Heartland Owners are members. You will need a reservation , but I will arrange for you. ahcooperii@gmail.com Email me for more info or to make reservation. Hogan Cooper
Thank you Hogan for offering to help out your fellow Heartlanders.

jbeletti

At McDill AFB and the right rear wheel on my Silverado lly duramax started locking up. Trying to get it fixed Wednesday am. Then return to McDill AFB famcamp to retrieve my Landmark Rushmore fifth wheel and run home board up the house in Spring Hill Florida. Then figure out where to go. I'm 9 miles from the West coast. This is going to be a long long long week.

Wow Carl - you have a lot on your plate. Wishing you all the best!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I spoke to a couple of friends and ex-Heartlanders, Tom and Judy Atkinson and Ray and Lin Letourneau. At the time, they were staying put, but we spoke this morning and their plans may have changed. I'll be saying a prayer for them and anyone else in harm's way in Florida.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Anyone in Florida can hit the road and run. My thoughts are with the folks on St. Maarten that took the full force of Irma and have Jose coming behind her. We have a timeshare on the island that predates our BH ownership.

ram_1955

I am just south of Atlanta if anyone needs info for the area give me a shout

The Atlanta Motor Speedway has opened thier campground if anyone is interested

Ray
406-780-1297

carl.swoyer

Iwas wondering.
I'm staying at my house in Spring Hill Florida Hernando county. Our projected winds are up to 70 mph. I'm filling my on board water 100 gallons helping weight it down. Gas off no electricity or dc power. Input greatly appreciated hydraulics all six down or nose all the way down to the ground

LBR

Iwas wondering.
I'm staying at my house in Spring Hill Florida Hernando county. Our projected winds are up to 70 mph. I'm filling my on board water 100 gallons helping weight it down. Gas off no electricity or dc power. Input greatly appreciated hydraulics all six down or nose all the way down to the ground

Too much trouble to raise it, pull all wheels, then lower down as far as possible/feasible?....less air can get underneath it that way.