Irma

dave10a

The place we snow bird in Florida require hurricane anchors for those who are 6X6. For $100 to have them installed may be worth it. If they don't hold nothing will.....

Bobby A

We left MI. on Tuesday and landed in Renfro Valley, KY heading for Port Richey, (not far from Spring Hill) started watching the weather channel that afternoon and quickly seen the severity of this storm. We both have to get back to work in Port Richey but are stay put hear in Renfro Valley until its all over. I seen a Bighorn pull into the campgrounds this afternoon and will go knock on the door in the morning, I seen they had a rally sticker on the nose. Stay safe everyone,
Bobby

carl.swoyer

Irma is scheduled to be in Spring Hill Florida my town. Nine miles from my house. It was supposed to be in Miami, but no . So here we go ! Landmark with nose down, rear hydraulics blocked and down.
My boat hopefully protected from the roof line, plus I filled the hull with water.
Installed plywood on my house and my two daughters houses.
Now it's time to hydrate
331871aab38328b7226ff4f9e3a91b33.jpg
aacc38ca0fbded9ba9675dca14945959.jpg
ba58832057319ae25ab4656fb4d94de9.jpg
d5e2fcfa5c516fbcf2baeb1ca72c2b98.jpg
b7fca0365b79c3e60ce30338db0188ca.jpg
cfc6ad822a7201a751a99a5e9dde63a3.jpg
48a9993192c52315e5875843a7b31ee3.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

carl.swoyer

Well we're good no damage to the toys, home but most importantly all of my family and friends.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hogladyrider

Town Park at Wilderness RV in Silver Springs, FL is our home.

We have several RV friends there for the summer and we have been in touch with them constantly. They survived the storm, never lost power, they have no water, as the well pump went out prior to the storm. All are safe and sound and all RV's and park models are damage free!

It was emotionally difficult for us not being there as we are workamping until mid October out here in Custer, SD. First time missing a hurricane in Florida.

Saw some brief videos that were post this morning and the wind was still blowing and howling but the worst has passed on!

Prayers answered.

Susan

Razorbackfan

USN Chief
We ended up riding it out in south Miami. I flew down last Thursday to help my girlfriend secure her house. The flight in was awesome as only half the plane was full. Other than all the wood fences being knocked down we fared pretty well.
My RV was in Bonita springs but was able to move it the week prior to the storm. Hope everyone else did ok.