Is listed height with or without second AC?

We are getting our car port ready for our new Big Horn 3070RL (which is on order) and was wondering if anyone knows
if the height listed (12' 11 1/2") includes the second AC? Also, we are installing a 50Amp service and need to know how
long the power cord is? Our dealer has not been good about answering our questions, so I'm hoping you can help us. Thanks!

scottyb

I just picked up a Cyclone 4100 and the cord is 40' with the port being on the left (driver's side) of the RV. I'm planning to build a car port at least 14' if not 16' clearance. It sure would be nice to be able to get on the roof while in the carport. I was up there yesterday, installing the vent covers, and the sun and heat whipped me pretty good.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Ours BC total height with the 2 nd a/c is 13' 4 1/2". The factory height listed is only the one unit. We have the power cord reel and the length is under 25'.

RollingHome

When we ordered our BH 3670 I insisted the dealer have his tech/s use a 2x4, level and tape measure to give me the exact height actual measurement. I then had them use a plumb bob and a tape for the total overall exact length. I had them do this on a level cement floor... It was a condition of sale BEFORE I purchased the RV. This is because it had to fit into our toy barn, which it did. The dimensions in the sales brochure are short - DO NOT GO BY HL’s printed brochure measurements ! We also had HL install a low profile AC/heat pump on the roof which lowered our height a couple of inches.
I just added a 2nd AC in the BR (low profile) and my height grew a couple of inches. I now put the Horn away without inflating my Hensley Trailer Saver air bags which lowers the unit a couple of inches. Doing all these gymnastics I just barely clear the open over head door by an inch. I suggest you wait until you have the RV home and modify or build your car port as needed. It may be best to measure it yourself.
By the way, the same game is played with boat lengths, boats are measured with rubber rulers too. Our boat varied by 6’ depending on whether it is being insured, docked (slip length), bought or sold.
My 3670 (50 amp) power cord is about 25 feet long – it is the powered reel type and we love it.

Happy RVing !

dewwood

I would recommend making your entry 13'6" which is what most interstate highways are required to maintain as a minimal height for overpasses. We modified an old barn last year and went with a 14' door so plenty of room. If you have the overhead space go with as much as possible that way no worries.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Long story short, my 2011BH 3670RL is 13' 2",measured to the top of the front A/C.
That is the highest point on the rig. Trace

Last edited: