Is my powered cord reel installed up-side down ?

Tom of Ypsi

Hey Tom...thinking more of myself, can't stand the "whining"...LOL!!! We won't be getting there until June 23rd, and we're having the work done at the factory...sorry we'll miss you guys. Where are you headed??

Kathy,

We will be going to the 4H Fairgrounds, Belleville, Mi for a visit with family and friends for a couple of months then back to Houston for a 6 month check up in August.

porthole

Retired
Tom - If you are really concerned, I'll offer you another trade. I'll take your upside down reel and trade you my 35', hard to coil up cord. I'll even throw in a brand new marine polished stainless steel 50 amp bulkhead connector.

Seriously though. We have a lot of electric, hydraulic and water hose reels on vehicles on my job (fire department) Every one of them rewind by wrapping from the top.

If you think about it, it allows gravity to help you keep it rolled neatly.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Tom - If you are really concerned, I'll offer you another trade. I'll take your upside down reel and trade you my 35', hard to coil up cord. I'll even throw in a brand new marine polished stainless steel 50 amp bulkhead connector.

Seriously though. We have a lot of electric, hydraulic and water hose reels on vehicles on my job (fire department) Every one of them rewind by wrapping from the top.

If you think about it, it allows gravity to help you keep it rolled neatly.

Maybe you have hit on why toliet paper should come off the top. LOL

RollingHome

Duane, you have such good deals...TP comes off the bottom if it has a dispenser with a door... Look at this face, would I lie to you :)

RollingHome

I'd like to meet you (and others) too Duane. However, we plan out a year plus and the SG Rally was before we knew, maybe next year... T&P.

Ours WAS the same way and we always thought the casing was upside installed down. Simple fix was to take the seal off and turn it around so the cord hole is at the bottom and reseal it. It rewinds perfect and makes more sense. :cool: Jeannie

EDIT: Forgot to add it was a 30 minute fix for the Hubby.

The way the photo depicts the cord is the same as mine and I think that is right. If it came out the bottom would it re-wind properly?

Our 2011 Landmark came with the door installed like yours is now after the accident. The cord comes off the top of the reel also.