IS suspension

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
Can any one tell me that, they know for a fact that after adding the IS suspension, that stuff in the trailer like things in the cabinets hadn't move around as much as it did with stock suspension? I'm going down to Elkhart in two weeks to pick up are new Bighorn 3760 EL and considering having the IS installed with the dic brakes. I guess what I am asking was it like a night and day difference? Cu's I'm sure their will be some difference. Thanks in advance

Mrsfish

We just had the is and disk brakes installed in June. I can REALLY tell the difference while we tow. Forget the rig is there sometimes. We drive a lot on big grades and the disk brakes are very noticeable. Turning on those tight curves isn't as apparent. Oh, and I'm the passenger! Rick says he will never own another rig without it..he appreciates the difference that much.

kkamshop

Yes it is a night and day difference. Not only will you notice it in the trailer but also in the cab of the truck. You will feel every bump with the truck but not with the trailer. Next you will want IS on your truck also.

nscaler2

Not only is it night and day difference in both the truck and the trailer,but the way they install it greatly strengthens the frame of the trailer. WELL WORTH IT!!! I will never have another 5ver without it.

dewwood

The upgrade is a real improvement over spring shackle suspension. The disk brakes are even better, there is no comparison to the braking with the disk brakes over electric brakes it is that much better. If you are considering getting the updates installed you should get a hold of Morryde right away to make an appointment they are usually booked out several weeks. Good luck with the new unit.

wdk450

The upgrade is a real improvement over spring shackle suspension. The disk brakes are even better, there is no comparison to the braking with the disk brakes over electric brakes it is that much better. If you are considering getting the updates installed you should get a hold of Morryde right away to make an appointment they are usually booked out several weeks. Good luck with the new unit.

Also, remember to claim the Heartland National Rally discounts. See the 2015 Goshen Rally Offers thread on this. Supposedly you did not have to attend the rally to get the discounts, just be a HOC member: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/51535-2015-Goshen-Rally-Rally-Specials

pegmikef

Also, remember to claim the Heartland National Rally discounts. See the 2015 Goshen Rally Offers thread on this. Supposedly you did not have to attend the rally to get the discounts, just be a HOC member: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/51535-2015-Goshen-Rally-Rally-Specials

The guy I talked to at the rally was Gary Wheeler. He said he would honor the rally special through the end of the year (only in Elkhart, not California where they also install IS). His email is gary.wheeler@morryde.com. He can answer questions, discuss cost and can get with the install folks and schedule an appointment.

wdk450

The guy I talked to at the rally was Gary Wheeler. He said he would honor the rally special through the end of the year (only in Elkhart, not California where they also install IS). His email is gary.wheeler@morryde.com. He can answer questions, discuss cost and can get with the install folks and schedule an appointment.

Peg and Mike:
Any idea WHERE in California the MorRyde IS installation is being done? Gary Wheeler is out this week, and I couldn't get a hold of any of the other service writers.

I remember a few years back, Henderson's Line-Up in Grant's Pass Oregon listed MoreRyde IS installs on there website, but then removed it.

pegmikef

Peg and Mike:
Any idea WHERE in California the MorRyde IS installation is being done? Gary Wheeler is out this week, and I couldn't get a hold of any of the other service writers.

I remember a few years back, Henderson's Line-Up in Grant's Pass Oregon listed MoreRyde IS installs on there website, but then removed it.

No. sorry. At the rally he just told me that he couldn't guarantee the rally price at the California facility because they had higher labor rates. I know he travels around a lot. The mobile number on his business card is 574-370-9135.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I can tell you it's a major difference...especially since, during the rally we had our two year old system checked out, and discovered we had a torn spring. Apparently it had been torn a while, as I had noticed things moving around in the rig for a long time and was not real pleased after spending so much. Once Mor Ryde replaced the bad spring....I finally discovered just how good a properly work IS system really is. The last 4-5,000 miles we've put on this rig....absolutely NOTHING moves!! :)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I can tell you the IS make a marked difference in the ride both for the trailer and the truck. I can also say that some roads (try I-10 in Louisiana) make things impossible to keep from moving but if they do move not as much. We leave our coffee maker (and pot) on the counter when we travel and it rides just fine. We love the IS. Highly recommend it and the Disc Brakes.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Peg and Mike:

The California shop is Acacia RV center 909-824-9674
I sent them the picture they wanted and waiting for my quote.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I herd back from Acacia RV and they said Grag is out until the 31st, so no price quote on the IS and disc brakes tell then I guess

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Does the Mor-ryde IS suspension get rid of the chucking ? or is it still present ?

I don't notice any at all but we also have a Mor-Ryde hitch and a Trailer Saver TS3 hitch. They all help. On our previous Landmark the Mor-Ryde hitch helped the most with the chucking.

wdk450

jbeletti

Does the Mor-ryde IS suspension get rid of the chucking ? or is it still present ?

It does not get rid of it. But everything helps. I have the same setup as Jim Gratz (MORryde IS, MORryde Pinbox and TrailerSaver TS3 hitch). I have been on some concrete roads this year with expansion joints at super short intervals. Man - what a roller coaster ride that was. While all these items help - there are just some roads that won't be smooth when pulling a 5th wheel with a pickup truck - no matter what.

This could be different with an MDT or HDT with air suspension, air cabs and air seats. Not sure.