Is The Quiet AC Issue Fixed?

I read some have had problems with the new whisper quiet AC leaking into RV. I read that the new roof structure MAY have addressed this problem along with more flexibility for dealers to install 3rd AC and increased R value. Of course R values really cannot be proven to the end user, but is good for marketing.

My question is EZ: Has the leaking AC issue problem been identified and remedied?

Thanks going to look at a HL BH this weekend.

Cheers!

danemayer

Re: A look Is The Quiet AC Issue Fixed?

The leaking problem was pretty short-term following a change in A/C units in 2016. A Technical Service Bulletin was issued last year advising dealers on how to correct the problem.

esscobra

Re: A look Is The Quiet AC Issue Fixed?

as far as the new r value- it was full sun and low 90s this weekend- and mine with the new roof/insulation was noticeably cooler then units I had looked at / spent time in in similar temps on dealers lots- I spent several hours in bedroom mounting tv/soundbar/sat receiver and was surprisingly cool- unit was in full sun at rv lot near house- also when at dealership - I stayed for 3 days going over unit- the was one night where it was high eighties full sun to later than night 40s when cold front blew in and had a/cs on auto and ran surprisingly few times and unit stays pretty consistent- also just got generator running sat an ran both a/c's to load gen for break-in and cooled unit suprsingly fast just them set on auto and 72