Is the stock bathroom fan adequete, or should I be ordering a Fantastic Fan for the Bath

GOTTOYS

I changed my std. unit out for a Hengs Vortex replacement unit. Much more airflow. Easy to do from inside the trailer. Bought it online for around $50. Well worth it...Don

Buford445

I have the Fantastic Vent in the bathroom of my current BH and had one in the previous BH. I think it is worth having for the reasons mentioned above.
Actually my first rig came with the regular fan and I changed to the Fantastic Vent.

Peace
Dave

Did you use a T-Stat to control it or just the on/off switch ??

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I fished a couple of wires down the wall and put in a two gang wall switch, one for the bathroom light and one for the fan. Worked out great.

Peace
Dave

pegmikef

I changed my std. unit out for a Hengs Vortex replacement unit. Much more airflow. Easy to do from inside the trailer. Bought it online for around $50. Well worth it...Don

Thanks Don. I read this yesterday morning and looked up the fan. I had never heard of this one because they always advertise the ones that you have to replace the whole thing. I found it at many places, but a place in Houston (PPL)had it for 50 bucks. I ordered it, but I had to pay tax because I live in Texas. I picked the cheapest shipping (ground) and to my surprise it arrived this morning and I installed it this afternoon. That took about an hour because I had to change the configuration a little after I figured out why it wasn't fitting correctly. It works great for my little North Trail! Even though it is in the bathroom, you can feel it drawing from the rest of the trailer. Nice addition.

GOTTOYS

My next addition to my Hengs Vortex fan will be a DPDT switch so I can reverse the polarity going to the van and thus reverse the direction of the fan to pull air in instead of out. Might work nice on one of those nights that's not quite warm enough for A/C. I have the switch just need to install it....Don