Is there a rear kitchen problem

archbarb

We currently have a NT 26rks and are close to making a decision on the BC2950rk. We have been very happy with the rear kitchen...seems to suit us, and I really like the workability of the BC2950rk. Today, I heard from 2 different people that the rear kitchens are not as popular because anything that sits at the back of the trailer rocks and vibrates more. The only thing I have noticed in our NT is that the half time oven carousel has to be reseated when we get to our destination. Is this a serious enough issue for us to even address? Will vibration and shaking lessen the life of the refrigerator? Anyone got some feedback for me?
Thanks, Barb:confused:

sandman

:DHey Archbarb, hope things are good, weve had a 29rk sundance for three years towed it about 10,000 miles and once we learnd were to put stuff we have no problems with it, few minor things but nothing to wine about take care.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I would suggest going for a Trail Air or similar, pin box option. It will greatly reduce the jarring and impact of bumps which in turn will reduce the effect on the rear of the rig.

Gator

Ditto on the Pin Box. We installed a Mor-Ryde and almost totally eliminated the chucking and most of the movement of things in the kitchen. Like you, we had a 26 foot TT with an end kitchen before upgrading to the Big Country. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have ours.