Is there something wrong with "what's new" button?

Garypowell

My favorite way to initially look at our site is by using the "what's new" button. Over the last couple of days when I log in and see the listing it has the message that nothing is new at the top of the first page.

Usually there is a page or two of "new" items for me to read over each day.....but not the last couple of days.

In fact this morning it happened again and the top post was from 14 minutes prior......but it was after the statement that what was below had already been seen. And there were several threads following that I had not seen before.

am I missing something all of a sudden or is something not working right.

Thanks.

jbeletti

Nothing new with it that I'm aware of. Working for me. Try this in your browser from the forum page: CTRL-SHIFT-R, then click What's New.

Snow

whats new didn't work on my I pad but it does on my pc , but I like to go to quick links and then todays posts , what does other members use ?

alex00

My favorite way to initially look at our site is by using the "what's new" button. Over the last couple of days when I log in and see the listing it has the message that nothing is new at the top of the first page.

Usually there is a page or two of "new" items for me to read over each day.....but not the last couple of days.

In fact this morning it happened again and the top post was from 14 minutes prior......but it was after the statement that what was below had already been seen. And there were several threads following that I had not seen before.

am I missing something all of a sudden or is something not working right.

Thanks.

I get that from time to time. I use Tapatalk on my phone and tablet, and regular old chrome on my laptop. I just assume the phone and tablet don't log me out, so the forum thinks those posts aren't new. Do you visit the forum on multiple devices?

whats new didn't work on my I pad but it does on my pc , but I like to go to quick links and then todays posts , what does other members use ?
I might start trying that way, too. Ever since I learned about new posts buttons on forums, it's the only way I like to look at them any more.

pegmikef

Are you referring to the "New Post"? I've never seen a "What's New" button.

The what's new button is on the menu bar at the top of the Heartland page e.g., Portals Forum Blogs What's New? Owners Club . . . . etc.

Garypowell

Thanks for all the reply's. I almost exclusively use my Ipad when checking the forum unless I want to post some project or have some lengthy reply. I just tried on my computer and the "what's new" tab/button is working fine there.

So something is up with my Ipad and Iphone too. I do just use Chrome as I have found it works the best. And I generally don't buy apps like tapatalk. I know for a while it was free....maybe should have opted for it then.

one other thing is I don't ever log off.....just close the browser....but have done that since day one.

It is always irksome when something that worked perfectly well before stops....usually means I did something to have this start to happen.....just need to think it through. Maybe I will log off Ipad and then back on to see if that changes anything.

If I find it....I'll let you all know.

Thanks again,

danemayer

Gary, Tapatalk's iPad app is excellent. I'm sure if you spent the few bucks on it that you'd be delighted at the improvement over using the browser on your iPad. Other than for typing, I much prefer Tapatalk on the iPad for browsing the forum, versus doing so on my laptop or desktop computers.

Garypowell

All of a sudden everything is back to normal. If tapatalk basic is free I might give it a try.

Thanks again all.

alex00

One more endorsement of Tapatalk. So much easier to use on the tablet and phone than the browser. You miss little things like where someone is from, and what rig they have, but if I really need to know I can look at the browser version of the forum.

Glad the new posts button is working correctly for you.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
One more endorsement of Tapatalk. So much easier to use on the tablet and phone than the browser. You miss little things like where someone is from, and what rig they have, but if I really need to know I can look at the browser version of the forum.

Glad the new posts button is working correctly for you.

I use tapatalk on the phone. If you click on the poster's icon, you will get their "profile" and you can scroll to the bottom to see their signature info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk