Issues with adding weight distribution and sway control hitch

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
That quick link connector should not pose a problem if it's strength rating is compatible with the system. Those devices are quite strong if the gate is bolted closed, as in the photo. The rating should be embossed on it.

jbeletti

Zack,

The GM for our TT division got back with me today and let me know that since your unit was produced, we've made changes to the frame to accommodate what we now believe are all brands/styles of hitches used.

So, good news going forward - continuous improvement :)

Jim

ZNK

Jim,

I am glad to here that! Must be an update in the 2013 year. Mine is a 2012. Only problem I may have someday is if I sell the TT, I will have to include the hitch in the sale. But I am confident that the fix my dealer did is a superior product than what I would have had if it were a simple bolt on. I would have been concerned that they could be stolen.

As for the post being moved, I understand why it was moved now. I was just frustrated because I couldn't find it :(

Do you think this modification could void a warranty?

Thanks much for your assistance in this matter.

Zack and Kelsea

jbeletti

Zack,

I couldn't say on the warranty. But I've never heard of Heartland refusing warranty coverage for such a thing. If a failed frame was clearly a result of the welding - that would be a different matter. I think you're in good shape.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?lt2ujq