It is hard to read.. Why??

caissiel

there are 2 missed spaced words. hahahahaha

I to am hooked on this forum, I also belong to many forums about the things that interests me, like Diesel, Ford, GM, Toyota.

I helped a friend on sunday, he had gone to the Ford dealer with a problem with the Alternator light on in the dash, they charged him $60.00
for telling him he needed a new alternator for $600.00, he told them no thanks.
I checked his voltage and checked for Codes with my ScanGaugeII and I found the Alternator was fine.
So I went on the Ford Fusion Forum and read about this light problem, and decided it was a fuse problem.
We found that there was a fuse in the wrong location in the fusebox.
How many customers at that dealer got the same dumb service before, he possibly went and told them the story by now.
It might be an old trick used to change alternators. Sure feels scary to a novice.

These forums are full of good Info. I surely use them a lot, and learn lots also.

caissiel

Yes have it in the car now that the truck is parked in Florida. I have cancelled many Engine light in fellow camper's vehicles. If I would charge a fee for every time I use on a car, It would be paid 10 fold

rick_debbie_gallant

GUILTY as charged:eek:...

I will endeavor, that in the future, I will attempt to use proper english, punctuation, paragraph format and most of all to be certain and use my spell checker.

As for any of it making sense, well that is up to the reader.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
GUILTY as charged:eek:...

I will endeavor, that in the future, I will attempt to use proper english, punctuation, paragraph format and most of all to be certain and use my spell checker.

As for any of it making sense, well that is up to the reader.

Rick - UR assuming we can all read!:eek:

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
there are 2 missed spaced words. hahahahaha

Can't blame me for the spaces. I saw them and tried to remove them but they are not there until you make the post.

Hey, do you think that is what is wrong with all the spelling and bad grammar? This forum does what it wants.

Can you say HAL?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
IE 8 and FireFox have spell checkers in the browser for any input that is being typed in an active text box. This makes it real easy to get the spelling thing under control.
When I misspell a word I get a red line under the misspelled word. Right click on it for optional spelling. That said, the word may be spelled right but sued (see what I mean?) in the wrong context. For instance, Bobcat just used the word laps when he meant to use lapse. Two words correctly spelled with different meanings. Easy to do.
I believe we all do our best and are really only trying to get our message out there. Bobcats original post has a lot of merit but like he said, maybe stronger bi-focals or reading glasses are in order.:eek: I know when I use the laptop I change from my progressives to reading glasses. It's much easier than staying in that sweet spot in the progressives.;)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Im guilty also. I did read that long post last night. After a while I thought I was going blind. But alas, I was wrong, it was my glasses that had fogged up.

Bobcat, I will try not to run all my thoughts together. Bob:D

CrazyScotsman

I think spell check would have a hard time with me.
examples:
tyre....... tire
cheque book............check book
centre......... center
aluminium...............aluminum

You get the idea.

CrazyScotsman

I noticed that up here Chris, I thought you folks spelled tyre same as UK, but I was wrong.
Nope still here in beautiful downtown Saskatoon. Parts are still not here, maybe tomorrow for someone else's truck, and they will use on mine.
Now I have another problem, all hotels in town are booked for rest of the week, except one for $250 a night , some farm show thing going on. So it looks like I will be looking for homeless shelter tomorrow .
You buggers up here sure know how to charge to get laundry done, cost me $88 to get 4 pair of jeans, 6 T-shirts, socks and underwear washed. :( Pizza prices are something else to, $39.79 for a large Papa Johns and chicken wings .

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have
always
tried

to

use

paragraphs to

separate

my

thoughts

but

sometimes

I

forget.............

Oops

there is

that

sticking

period

key

again...........

Just joking. I understand what you said and agree. Hopefully I can remember to do it right from now on. But tell me how can spell check tell the difference in their, there, or red read etc.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Ken, you need to sell that Volvo and get you a good mushing team and head home.

You will get a good mile (km hee hee) per biscuit. It is easier to replace a dog than a horse..

BC

wyleyrabbit

I noticed that up here Chris, I thought you folks spelled tyre same as UK, but I was wrong.
Nope still here in beautiful downtown Saskatoon. Parts are still not here, maybe tomorrow for someone else's truck, and they will use on mine.
Now I have another problem, all hotels in town are booked for rest of the week, except one for $250 a night , some farm show thing going on. So it looks like I will be looking for homeless shelter tomorrow .
You buggers up here sure know how to charge to get laundry done, cost me $88 to get 4 pair of jeans, 6 T-shirts, socks and underwear washed. :( Pizza prices are something else to, $39.79 for a large Papa Johns and chicken wings .

Ken,

Are you having your laundry done by hotties wearing french maid outfits? Look up "laundromat" in the phone book, I'm sure you can get clothes cleaned cheaper than that. Heck, you could have gone to Old Navy and bought all new clothes for cheaper than that on sale.

Not sure where you're staying there. Have you searched for bed & breakfasts? Perhaps one of those might be available?

Chris

CrazyScotsman

Ken, you need to sell that Volvo and get you a good mushing team and head home.

You will get a good mile (km hee hee) per biscuit. It is easier to replace a dog than a horse..

BC

Bob. My DW is ready for me to say to *ell with it and leave truck here, tell Volvo it's theirs. This is unreal, the time it is taking them. You know they won't cover down time, or hotels, so this once profitable run has turned into a total loss, for me. :(

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ken, well bucky, I told you to buy a Peterbilt with a Cat engine.:p Well hope you get home soon. Bob:D

porthole

Retired
Ok.. I will probably get bit for this one but here goes.

I am not... Repeat NOT pointing a finger at any specific person... OK..

I read this forum every day. Actually at least twice a day. Once in the

I'm sure I know which post you are referring to, and I stopped after the 2nd sentence.

I never use the spell checker on the forum. It keeps asking me to download ieSpell from ieSpell.com which I don't want to do.

Google toolbar for IE has a pretty good spell checker.

caissiel

I met a wagon master with one horse, he was living full time in the wagon. He told me I was crazy with my big house, as we compared units.
He travelled 10 miles per day and his horse must have eaten 1/2 bale of hay and some oats. Mine was doing 10MPG. I figured we were about even on mileage.
I really prefer mine to his because it don't eat any when I am parked for a few days.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Ok, my 2 cents on the sxbject, i've read whree you olny need to get the fisrt lettre and lsat letter rihgt in a word for poeple to be able to undrestnad what you are writnig. So, msot of the tmie i don't use the splel check at all. See you read all of it ok!@!@(#!

I also use all caps as i can type much faster without shifting up and down. I'm not yelling, i'm typing in the same low tone of voice as when i started.

It is also easier for me to read as it is bigger and i can see it better. So, don't let it get your blood pressure up when you see all the caps.
DANG, IT WON'T LET ME TYPE IN ALL CAPS!!! WHY?