It's Bristol Time

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
OK - it's a little over 10 days till racing at Bristol. Who's coming and where are ya camping? We will be at 186 OTBR campgrounds on Old Thomas Bridge Road - coming in on Sunday to set up, then returning Wednesday afternoon for the truck racing that night. There will be another Big Horn also camping with us. Let's all of us HL'er get together!!!
OK - let's say that ya'll come over to our rig Thursday for hamburger/hotdogs.

Last edited:
OK - it's a little over 10 days till racing at Bristol. Who's coming and where are ya camping? We will be at 186 OTBR campgrounds on Old Thomas Bridge Road - coming in on Sunday to set up, then returning Wednesday afternoon for the truck racing that night. There will be another Big Horn also camping with us. Let's all of us HL'er get together!!!
OK - let's say that ya'll come over to our rig Thursday for hamburger/hotdogs.

We are heading out tomorrow for Pigeon Forge for three nights to do some bike riding on the Dragons Tail, Cade's Cove, etc. Next stop is Bristol for five nights and the races. We are hooking up with two other couples who drive a pair of diesel pushers that will be pulling trailers. One trailer is hauling a couple of bikes and a Jeep, and the other has two golf carts for the races. Staying at the Blue Ox and Medallion at BMS.

porthole

Retired
Ever been to the Dragon or Cades Cove? Both are best ridden on week days. If you are riding a dual purpose bike, Parsons Branch Rd is an un-improved road heading one way only from Cades Cove to about in the middle of the Dragon, Always wanted to try but don't have the wheels for it, and when we were in the area with my truck it was closed.

Nabo

Retired2010 - give us a holler and will see if we can cross paths. Cell is 865-776-1060 (byrd).

Retired2010 - give us a holler and will see if we can cross paths. Cell is 865-776-1060 (byrd).

Sorry, I didn't see your post until we got back yesterday. We had a great trip. We rode the Dragon Tail and Cades Cove. Bristol was a blast. Kyle rules the track. Our only regret was all the rain. We only got one opportunity for bike riding while at Bristol. We made a run down to Elizabethton and up over the mountain on route 91. Some of the curves rivaled the Dragon Tail.

archbarb

We were staying at a campground in Bailytown, TN., Thursday before the race on Saturday, and a family two spots up from us had three tickets for sale for the Saturday night race. We have been trying to get tickets for many years, but none available. One call several years ago to the ticket line there, I was asked which year would you like!!!!!

We were on our return trip home from 15 days of travel to pick up our BC 3250TS in Elkhart, IN.. We had to stay at Elkhart two days longer than expected for some tweaking and adjustments to our BC, and that of course put us two days behind on our schedule. We had commitments in East Tawas MI. we had to keep and then started our journey home through Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and then home to SE Georgia.

Not knowing what the weather was going to do we declined the offer and continued our journey home. If only I had taken three weeks off instead of two, but I would have never guessed to getting two tickets!!!!!

Nabo

Bristol, as always, was great. Yep - it rained a little but that was a great time to socialize with other campers in the area. Can't say anything about the winners in that I'm not a real big Kyle Bush fan but what the heck - it's Bristol. Maybe in the spring us HLer can all get together for drinks. Till then - travel safely and have FUN!

new

just got back from bristol. got wet. camped at all american campground. met alf there with his 3385. we have 2011 3385. not a busch fan but glad he did 3. too bad brad was not happy for him.new 1752