It's here!

BusManRG

Well, almost! The order was confirmed on June 15 and we got the call today that our Big Horn is at the dealer!! So I've printed out the predelivery inspection sheet that Oregon Camper had made available, but is there anything else I should know? Anything else I should be thinking about? We are taking a friend with us so there will be a set of impartial eyes looking everything over. Although he's not completely impartial as he is shopping for a Big Horn himself!

The first thing we were told was to go sign papers at that sales office and then come on over, but I jumped right in and said, "Oh no, we'll be checking out the unit first and then signing papers, thank you." Our dealer is Happy Daze in Sacramento. The service mgr I spoke with assures me that they will have gone over the unit top to bottom, inside out before we arrive but that they will stay with us for as long as we need on Saturday. So excited I'm not sure how I'll sleep tonight!

Thanks,
Sandy

Oregon_Camper

Just for fun...send them my PDI document and tell them that is what you will be using. LOL

That might get them to "go over top to bottom" again. :)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "condo on wheels". WOW - I love the idea of sending the PDI list to the dealer before you arrive. That would really shake them up. Enjoy.

Aandaar

When we sent ours to the dealer we got a call back asking us how long it would take us to complete the inspections and also if we would mind delaying our pickup date a week. I think it scared them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

Don't forget the roof and any and all caulking..we found 3 places on our roof (at the rear seam) which had to be fixed. Congrats and enjoy.

Resiemon

Pressure test all of the plumbing. Run the ac until it drains condensate. Operate all of the hydraulics several times. Check the water in the batteries. Test the faucets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

kowAlski631

Well, almost! The order was confirmed on June 15 and we got the call today that our Big Horn is at the dealer!! So I've printed out the predelivery inspection sheet that Oregon Camper had made available, but is there anything else I should know? Anything else I should be thinking about? We are taking a friend with us so there will be a set of impartial eyes looking everything over. Although he's not completely impartial as he is shopping for a Big Horn himself!

The first thing we were told was to go sign papers at that sales office and then come on over, but I jumped right in and said, "Oh no, we'll be checking out the unit first and then signing papers, thank you." Our dealer is Happy Daze in Sacramento. The service mgr I spoke with assures me that they will have gone over the unit top to bottom, inside out before we arrive but that they will stay with us for as long as we need on Saturday. So excited I'm not sure how I'll sleep tonight!

Thanks,
Sandy

How exciting! About the PDI, I'm of the I believe my eyes, not yours. Enjoy!

LBR

Just for fun...send them my PDI document and tell them that is what you will be using. LOL

That might get them to "go over top to bottom" again. :)
Good idea...lol...I have your PDI document printed out, just waiting for ours to be built and delivered. Think we will send it to the dealer as well!

GETnBYE

Thanks,
Sandy

on our first purchase, I brought a lawn chair and a cooler and set them up. It seemed to get things fixed faster since they knew I was willing to wait. You can always ask where a nice hotel is if they start rushing you at the end of the day.
* For real though, take your time. Sit down in the chairs and just look at stuff. Don't forget to put the awnings out also to check them.

BusManRG

He's one happy camper! Things went well during the PDI. We were there at least 4 hours, but I'd warned them we were going to be picky! We have a bit of a punch list, but the dealer (Happy Daze) is being great! They fixed a few things while we were signing papers and the rest will be handled when the parts arrive. We're going to stay in it Labor Day while it's parked at a friend's home and hopefully we won't find much more. Should be fun!! I was disappointed that we didn't get advice on leveling the unit before towing and I'm concerned that the jacks are too low??? The pad we will be parked on for the next few weeks is level, so we should be able to make adjustments. Any comments on level after looking at the pic? We think it's a bit high in the front.

And...I remember people saying they had problems with the locks on the outside tv. So did we. Turns out there is a different lock on that door. We weren't given the key and the PDI office doesn't wasn't aware either. The parts office had some. The packet says it is specifically for the outside tv and is dated 2015.

And speaking of outside TV's, those of you who have them, there is a "cupboard" on the inside directly behind the tv, attached to the dinette. Are those doors supposed to open? Ours are "false" and do not open or have knobs/hinges. Just wondering.IMG_3698.jpgIMG_3694.jpg

Thanks,
Sandy

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
Very nice! Looks like ours! Bighorn 3160 EL. We love the windows in the living area. Let's in a lot of light.

BusManRG

Very nice! Looks like ours! Bighorn 3160 EL. We love the windows in the living area. Let's in a lot of light.

Do you have any problems with things bouncing off the shelves in the pantry? Andy storage tricks you could share?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

He's one happy camper! Things went well during the PDI. We were there at least 4 hours, but I'd warned them we were going to be picky! We have a bit of a punch list, but the dealer (Happy Daze) is being great! They fixed a few things while we were signing papers and the rest will be handled when the parts arrive. We're going to stay in it Labor Day while it's parked at a friend's home and hopefully we won't find much more. Should be fun!! I was disappointed that we didn't get advice on leveling the unit before towing and I'm concerned that the jacks are too low??? The pad we will be parked on for the next few weeks is level, so we should be able to make adjustments. Any comments on level after looking at the pic? We think it's a bit high in the front.

And...I remember people saying they had problems with the locks on the outside tv. So did we. Turns out there is a different lock on that door. We weren't given the key and the PDI office doesn't wasn't aware either. The parts office had some. The packet says it is specifically for the outside tv and is dated 2015.

And speaking of outside TV's, those of you who have them, there is a "cupboard" on the inside directly behind the tv, attached to the dinette. Are those doors supposed to open? Ours are "false" and do not open or have knobs/hinges. Just wondering.View attachment 47215View attachment 47216

Thanks,
Sandy

How high are your rear pads off of the ground ?
Are you going to be installing the RV SnapPads ?
Mine are set at about 10" with the SnapPads on.

Aandaar

speaking of outside TV's, those of you who have them, there is a "cupboard" on the inside directly behind the tv, attached to the dinette. Are those doors supposed to open? Ours are "false" and do not open or have knobs/hinges. Just wondering.

They should open and allow you access to the back of the equipment. Will post pics of ours after I pull it out of storage this weekend.

Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
Do you have any problems with things bouncing off the shelves in the pantry? Andy storage tricks you could share?

Not really. We've found they stay put pretty well if you have enough in the cabinets. We use the big closet to store paper products, water, soda and other dry. Occasionally, something will fall or shift but not as much as you might think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk