J-B Weld WaterWeld Epoxy Putty

herefishy

OK, put 2 coats on and thought it was going to be fine, no leaks for 1 hour after the 24 hour cure time, but a little bit coming out now. Would like to replace the fitting, but can't find one just like it. It's white plastic, crimp fittings, and needs to fit the pex on each end and the braided hose coming in from the side. Does anyone know what exact fitting would work? Or am I asking too much? Or should I put another couple of coats of the leak seal on?

rxbristol

OK, put 2 coats on and thought it was going to be fine, no leaks for 1 hour after the 24 hour cure time, but a little bit coming out now. Would like to replace the fitting, but can't find one just like it. It's white plastic, crimp fittings, and needs to fit the pex on each end and the braided hose coming in from the side. Does anyone know what exact fitting would work? Or am I asking too much? Or should I put another couple of coats of the leak seal on?

Can you post a picture?

ndmac

I just discovered J-B Weld WaterWeld Epoxy Putty, and it's something that should be in every RVer's toolbox for fixing water leaks.

WaterWeld comes as a stick of putty-like material, with the two components separated. You cut off the amount you need, knead it well to mix the two components, and then press it firmly into the leaking area. One hour later, it's hardened into a permanent repair.

My Landmark's plumbing fittings are mostly plastic, and they seem prone to cracking and leaking. I just used WaterWeld to repair a leak in the (plastic) water heater bypass valve, and it worked great. I'm out in the boonies of Colorado, so it would have been a pain to get a replacement and then install it. I also had a cracked check valve on the water heater some months ago, and ended up having to quickly find and install a (brass) replacement--I wish I'd known about WaterWeld at the time!

The directions say you can even use it under water, but just to be safe, I turned off the water to remove the pressure and dried the area before applying the putty.

You can get WaterWeld at places like Home Depot or Lowe's, or from Amazon. I know I'll keep some on hand for future emergencies. Hope this helps someone else!

Here is another product I recomend for every one great for so many applications.
I have even made O-rings for water filter from it.

http://www.rescuetape.com/

herefishy

Do you know what size brass tee to ask for to get the braided hose fitting with the two pex? Just 1/2" for everything? I won't know if it's right till I take it all apart, so would hate to have to go back for another.

Power247

Do you know what size brass tee to ask for to get the braided hose fitting with the two pex? Just 1/2" for everything? I won't know if it's right till I take it all apart, so would hate to have to go back for another.
I recommend taking it apart first. This way you can take the old t with you and pick up any other parts/supplies that you may need after disassembly. Plumbing never comes apart for me easily.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It's all 1/2 inch in our RVs.

Peace
Dave

avvidclif

I added a tube to my RV toolbox today. Cheaper than pex tool, pex , and fittings. Will give me time to buy all of that, if needed.