Join The North texas Chapter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooper

The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 1st. meeting and Camp Out is now set for March 29/30. We only have a few site's left in the reserved area. The Vineyards is a good size park but, it stay's booked year around.
Explorer USA has generously supplied Saturday BBQ lunch for all Heartland owners that have registered for the Camp Out (Meeting). Explorer USA will be a sponsor of this meeting of the Heartland Owners Club. An Explorer USA representative will also be on hand for the lunch/meeting on Saturday.
There is no registration fee for the Camp Out (meeting). Please register by March 15-08.
All you have to do is pay for your campsite fee with the Vineyards and register with Carl or Curtis / info is at the bottom of the page.

Visit www.vineyardscampground.com for a virtual tour
thevineyards@grapevinetexas.gov
817-329-8993
888-329-8993

Please contact for registration for the meeting below.
Carl Shea at Carl.shea@enternetnow.com or
Curtis Doyle at cdoyle3@csc.com
If you do not have email then please call 214-336-2267

Attachments

• 100_4315.jpeg
    100_4315.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 19
  • lakeview.jpeg
    lakeview.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:

Cooper

Only 14 camping days left till the North Texas Heartland Owners Club first Camp Out meeting. :cool::cool:

Here are a few more pic of the Vineyards and my 5th wheel.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Chocolate Bear and RV trips 029.jpg
    Chocolate Bear and RV trips 029.jpg
    609.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Chocolate Bear and RV trips 030.jpg
    Chocolate Bear and RV trips 030.jpg
    633.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Chocolate Bear and RV trips 020.jpg
    Chocolate Bear and RV trips 020.jpg
    571.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Chocolate Bear and RV trips 017.jpg
    Chocolate Bear and RV trips 017.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Chocolate Bear and RV trips 016.jpg
    Chocolate Bear and RV trips 016.jpg
    569.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Chocolate Bear and RV trips 004.jpg
    Chocolate Bear and RV trips 004.jpg
    571 KB · Views: 26

Cooper

Well it Wednesday and 5ers will start showing up on Thursday March 27. I will drop by and check on you Thursday.
I am looking forward to meeting all of you and making new friends and seeing old friends.

Cooper

Lefty, everyone's welcome to come to any meeting are camp out. One catch your fisrt meeting you have to supply the refreshments:rolleyes:. Ok maybe you just have to show up no obligations.

Cooper

100_4307.jpg
This is the pavilion we are using and we are parked just in front of it. Off to the right is a Horse Shoe Pit, to the left is a fishing dock, behind is a big fire pit and two BBQ's.
In the distance you can see hundreds of sail boats and a restrauant and bait shop called Big Daddy's.
Next week I will post pictures of the entire area and everyones 5er and the meeting details.
Have a good weekend and keep the sunny side up.

Cooper

I hope to get enough pictures and info to show how the whole weekend turns out. I hope the weather holds we have a chance of rain.

Cooper

Well the camp out / meeting is over.

We thought it was over Friday night about 4:00AM it rained and rained hard. The water was just a few feet from our trailers but, the rain passed and we did not float away.
I believe the camp out was a success. We had the greatest bunch of people that you could find anywhere. I now consider each of them a good friend.
The meeting went great and the food that was provided (BBQ) was excellent. The food was provided by one of our vendors Explorer USA.
During the meeting Sean Chaney from Explorer USA lead a discussion on unit issues from technical issues to service.
As the meeting progressed we discussed how we would like to see the club run. When we would have the next meeting, the locations and how we would handle all decisions as a group.
Last but, not least who will bring the desert to the meetings.:confused:

Attachments

• The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 044.jpg
    The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 044.jpg
    620 KB · Views: 14
  • The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 041.jpg
    The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 041.jpg
    581 KB · Views: 13
  • The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 039.jpg
    The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 039.jpg
    589.4 KB · Views: 15
  • The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 038.jpg
    The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 038.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 17
  • The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 035.jpg
    The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 035.jpg
    536.1 KB · Views: 16
  • The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 018.jpg
    The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 018.jpg
    576.3 KB · Views: 16
  • The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 003.jpg
    The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 003.jpg
    566.2 KB · Views: 13
  • The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 002.jpg
    The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 002.jpg
    585.7 KB · Views: 13
  • The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 001.jpg
    The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 001.jpg
    570.7 KB · Views: 20
  • The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 045.jpg
    The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 045.jpg
    670 KB · Views: 18
  • The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 046.jpg
    The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 046.jpg
    664.4 KB · Views: 18
  • The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 047.jpg
    The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 047.jpg
    694.8 KB · Views: 18
  • The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 051.jpg
    The North Texas Heartland Owners Club 3-2008 051.jpg
    629.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:

Cooper

The next meeting of The North Texas Heartland Owners Club will be held in June. We are now trying to pick out a spot for the Camp Out.
So if you want to visit with the club send me an email and I will put you on our email list.
The Club with one rule, join us to find out about our rule.:confused:

jimtoo

There was a time or two of delays, but for the last day or so it has been really good. Very fast, except the pictures are a little slow maybe, taking about 12 to 16 seconds for each to load.

Cooper

The second meeting of The North Texas Heartland Owners Club will be in June. Voting for the next location and time is going on now. In order to make reservation we need to get our votes in soon.
I have some reply's already and most for the dates of June 21/22 or 28/29. No location has been chosen yet.

Cooper

OK, I called the reservation desk for Atlanta State Park they will not make a reservation unless we pay for one night in advance on each site.
$14.00 per night and park entrance fee when we arrive.
The area which Linda & Ray advised to stay in is called Knights Bluff which are pull thru and full hook ups.
So if you are attending you will need to call and make reservation and pay for one night ASAP.
The lady in reservations said that some of the sites in the area are all ready taken for June 20, 21 and 22 weekend.
For Reservation Call 512-389-8900 between 9am and 6pm (Mon-Fri).
Please let me know when you have made your reservations.

Thanks, I hope to see you all there for the Camp Out.

Cooper

OK, guys just an FYI.
I called the reservation desk for the Atlanta State Park and they said there where only 11 sites left in the Knights Bluff area.
It also looks like everyone is for a cook out that Saturday night. So bring a little something for Saturday night,
A salad, potato salad, bake beans, casserole, chips,salsa, drinks or what ever you wish. I carry a BabyQ grill with me so if you need a place to cook your meat
( burgers, hot-dogs, chicken or what ever you like) your welcome to use my grill.
The most important is dessert so bring enough for me.
I will bring some of Jan's Baked Bean but, they are a little spicy.
Does anyone know if there is a fire pit? I think it would be nice to build a fire like we did at the last Camp Out.
Also would anyone be interested in meeting at a spot in the Dallas area Friday and travel to the Park together?

jimtoo

Hi Cooper, have you got some signed up for the Camp Out at Atlanta SP? We are going to Branson rally and will be on the way back. Thinking about visiting with you guys. Providing you have fun and food and space for us.
Jim

Cooper

Jimtoo, it would be great to have you stop and joins us at our Camp Out and anyone else that would like to.
We have most of the group signed up for the outing. As far as food we are having Pot Luck on Saturday night. It's kind of a share what you bring thing. I always have a package of bologna and some bread.:D
As far as fun we have horse shoes, we have tours of each other homes. We talk about repairs we have done and what we would like to do to our homes. We have the best group of RVer's (Friends) I have ever met.
So please stop by one and all.

I have a 3500 RL I purchased new back in December,would be nice to converse with local north Texas Folks.

Tip's Tricks n such.

Let me know !

Cooper

Jimtoo, I forgot to mention that we will be at the Knights Bluff area of the Atlanta SP Tx.
Arriving Late Afternoon of June 20 and all day the 21 leaving Sunday.

Cooper

D_Morris_60 contact me by email or cell from the above post at any time I will be glad to discuss our group or just past the time of day.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.