JT's Strong Arm installed on Gateway 3650

Tallyrver

I just finished installing the JT'S Strong arm stabilizer system on our new Gateway.
Last week I installed a stackable washer and dryer ,started a small load and watched the front of the fifth wheel start shaking. I had seen other posts about the Strong arms and their great reviews.
i expected some good results ,but I was blown away! I would say that 90% or more of the wobble and shaking is gone.

Wayne

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 269
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    691.4 KB · Views: 271
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    529.6 KB · Views: 252

ILH

My brother installed a similar product on his 5er and had similar results. I've been curious about how to install them on a rig with hydraulic front legs.

Gsxr130

I am planning on installing them on my 3650bh also thanks for the pictures! Do you know the model number you used?

Tallyrver

I used the over 58 inch between legs kit. I believe there are two kits ,one under 58 and one over 58 inch.
also for the rear set I installed the arms front to rear ,as there was nothing to bolt them to in the back for side to side. I have seen installs where the owner bolted a piece of angle iron across the rear frame then mounted them.
They work great the way I have them mounted, with the washer running it shakes less than the class A coach the washer and dryer came out of.

Wayne

Dutch & Di

We too have been using a similar product for over 8 years on both our regular jacks and then for our Big Foot Leveling system jacks. Don't even notice the washer on spin cycle and strong winds no longer concern me at all. Hugs, Di

Medic403

Wayne, how did you attach the front bars to the center? On my 3650BH the cross beam is back away from the jacks a good ways and I was scared to attach them to the thin guage metal which makes up the bottom of the front compartment whithout having to add a stiffner piece in there. Just curious?

Boozecamp

Do you still feel the little movement from someone walking around?

I put strong arms on my 5'er and it help a lot, however, we still felt movement (mostly bounce throughout). That drove me nuts, so yesterday I place scissor jacks under the frame on each side near the rear wheel. Lifted the frame by 1/4" and it's now rock solid.

HI
Regarding the JT strong arm what model number fits the Gateway 3650bh see there is a short and long in these stabilizers the parts guy at dealer didn't know

JeromyS

I've been curious about the JT strong arms vrs something like steadyfast. I have a 6 point auto leveling system and I've heard that there are some requirements to "load" the JT strong arms so that they provide the correct support.

Tundra2084

To find out which kit to use simply measure the distance between the legs. We used the over 58 inch on our Sundance and they work great for the side to side movement now we have to work on the bouncing movement.

TedS

JeromyS, yes it is suggested that the landing legs be slightly retracted to take the joint slack out of the Strongarm braces to load them tight. I have found them to be pretty darn good without loading them.