Just a newbie here

jimtoo

Hi HeavyAssult,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you become an owner and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in a Heartland RV.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi HeavyAssault,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Is there some particular area you'd like to hear about?

'Lil Guy'

If you're looking at the BH's, you're looking at a nice rig. That will be our next one. Good luck in your endeavor.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Hoping to gain some great insight on the BigHorn line.

Welcome to the forum! You'll find a pretty good wealth of information here.

As others have mentioned, if you do become an owner one of the many benefits is the Heartland Owners Club. It should be the second thing you do after purchasing!

Don't hesitate to ask questions, you're bound to find answers right here.

This probably won't post but gonna try anyway. Looks like this forum/site is to share experiences so here's mine. About to spend thousands of $$$ on a RV? Read this. I can’t go RVing because my ‘14 HEARTLAND leaks grey water. Bought it NEW from CAMPING WORLD and have made 6 attempts to get THAT problem fixed, 4 resulted in repairs being made, all have failed. CW (multiple locations) keeps putting a band-aid on a fracture. CW only does repairs HL will approve. I’ve been fighting this battle with CW and HL over a year, seems I’ve lost.
Items that have fallen off, broken, failed: spare tire cover, holding tank drain cap, valve T-handle, TV mounting screws, bumper end cap, oven pilot light, exit door threshold, stabilizer mounting screws, shore power mounting screws, kitchen and bathroom sink drain plumbing, external propane coupling, water heater wiring bundle, kitchen drawer, main entry and screen door, mattress, TV cable connector, both shower faucet valves, SHOWER DRAIN leak. My NEW RV has fallen apart around me. I've had so many problems with my RV that I'm probably gonna find another hobby for my retirement. Anyway, if this does post good luck RVing. I had a blast with my first one.

buddyboy

Your fighting to get things right - was that directly with Heartland or did you rely on CW to give you accurate info? When did you purchase your trailer and what model is it?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
This probably won't post but gonna try anyway. Looks like this forum/site is to share experiences so here's mine. About to spend thousands of $$$ on a RV? Read this. I can’t go RVing because my ‘14 HEARTLAND leaks grey water. Bought it NEW from CAMPING WORLD and have made 6 attempts to get THAT problem fixed, 4 resulted in repairs being made, all have failed. CW (multiple locations) keeps putting a band-aid on a fracture. CW only does repairs HL will approve. I’ve been fighting this battle with CW and HL over a year, seems I’ve lost.
Items that have fallen off, broken, failed: spare tire cover, holding tank drain cap, valve T-handle, TV mounting screws, bumper end cap, oven pilot light, exit door threshold, stabilizer mounting screws, shore power mounting screws, kitchen and bathroom sink drain plumbing, external propane coupling, water heater wiring bundle, kitchen drawer, main entry and screen door, mattress, TV cable connector, both shower faucet valves, SHOWER DRAIN leak. My NEW RV has fallen apart around me. I've had so many problems with my RV that I'm probably gonna find another hobby for my retirement. Anyway, if this does post good luck RVing. I had a blast with my first one.

Wow, lots of little things can mount up and seem like a lot. Did you research owning an RV before purchasing? They are rolling earthquakes, and little things can shake loose and/or break. Did you do a pre-delivery inspection? The dealer should have caught a lot of them before you took ownership, but many dealers put this responsibility on owners. Sad to say, Camping World doesn't have a good reputation for that.

Once the initial hiccups are fixed you can now go and enjoy your unit. Be aware that owning an RV is not a "passive" hobby. There's always going to be maintenance. Preventative and repair. It's the nature of the beast, for all brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Call HL Customer directly and explain your issues and what you have been doing to resolve them. Have your vin when you call. Also since you have been trying to get resolution through CW without success see if you can't take it somewhere else to get the repairs done right. If you do not get the right answers from the customer service rep you talk to ask to speak to their supervisor. I think you will find Heartland will make it right.

alehew

Well we have a torgue 2014 also had some issues. Staples were left under the slides and that scratched and damaged the floor,which was replaced. all 4 tires exploded on one trip and damaged the slides and electrical. tires made in china and the distributer gave us a portion of the costs,we did all the repairs ourselves. The top bed in the garage fell down since the rail did not have all the screws installed. It is a little disappointing when you spend a lot on something u love and this stuff happens but as with anything you buy that someone else builds it just needs tobe fixed. we still love our torque and if we have keep fixing we will and make it better...

e