Just bought a 2007 Landmark Monticello!!

slborba

I just purchased (and drove home) a 2007 Heartland Landmark Monticello. I know I will have many (MANY!) questions, and hopefully all of you good folks will be able to help me with those abundance of questions. --Steve

danemayer

Re: Just bought a Heartland Landmark!!

Hi slborba,

Congratulations on your "new to you" Landmark and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. This is definitely the place to get your questions answered because there's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here.

We also have an extensive collection of manuals (HOM - Heartland Owners Manuals) on the site, which you can get to from the TOOLS button at the top of page or from this link.

In addition, we have several owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides that you may find helpful.

Don't hesitate to ask questions and share your adventures.

slborba

Dan: Thank you for the welcome and great information. I'll be on here very often (probably daily) to get all the information/training I can get.

jimtoo

Hi sborba,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

When you have a chance and can, join our Heartland Owners Club. Then attend a rally in your area where you will meet some of the great Heartland owners and make friends and eat some of the best food.

Also.... I just got to ask...you said in your post above,;),, "(and drove home) a 2007 Heartland Landmark".... what engine does yours have and is the steering wheel located on right side or left. ??? :eek::D

Enjoy the forum and all us nuts.

Jim M

slborba

Jim: Thank you for the reply. You're right about my comment :)))....I certainly don't have the ability to drive a FW, but my 2014 Silverado 3500HD DRW does have the ability to "tow" the Monticello :cool:! I need to figure out the navigation of this site so I can put a pic, sig line, etc. --Steve

jimtoo

Hey Steve,

On the top of the page to the right is your name, profile, settings. Click on "settings" and then on the left side of the next page you will see "My Settings" and below that you will be able to create your signature and everything. You should be able to upload pictures now also now that you have made a few post.

Jim M

By the way.. Good choice of tow vehicle. :)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Congratulations on your 'new to you' 5er. Keep in mind the 'classic' Landmarks have some setups the newer one do not and visa-versa. Our 2013 Landmark is very different from the 2007 Landmark we used to have.

jbeletti

Congrats and welcome! The Monticello was quite the unit in it's day. I believe it was produced for about 2 years. The triple axle unit is a bit heavy. Your truck choice as Jimtoo mentioned is a good one. Not sure what your past RV experience is, but if you are newer to RVing, there are some maintenance items you will want to be aware of. You'll especially want to check them all out on a coach that was produced about 7 years ago. Feel free to fire away with questions. Also, please consider joining us at a rally in the Northeast. We have a vibrant club in your area and we even have a Maryland chapter. Club membership is your gateway to an even stronger bond with your RV and your RV manufacturer. And of course, a great way to make friends with like-minded people.