Just Joined - wanted to say Hello!

Wrenched

Hi all;
We just picked up our new 2013 Cyclone 4100 King. We moved up from a 2010 Keystone Raptor 3912.
We really like the bigger bedroom and bath. And a washer/dryer too! My wife is really pleased.
I've been working on it for a week now - re-aligning sliding doors, adding a clock and re-positioning hinges. Put up towel racks, etc. Found and fixed a water leak.
Now I'm looking for a carpet for the garage.

My wife Lynda and I are retired teachers. I finished the last 15 years of my career as an elementary school principal. My wife started as a French teacher and finished her career doing special education.

We are looking forward to meeting other members and sharing the trials and tribulations of RV ownership, travel and hoping to make new friends!

We live near the North shore of Lake Erie in Southwestern Ontario and are hoping to spend more time travelling now that we are retired.

All the best!

Greg

kowAlski631

Welcome! Lots of nice people frequent this forum. They care & will give you insight to any concerns you may have. Post a question & I can assure you that you will have responses from members.

jimtoo

Hi Greg,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Join us at some rallies when you can, join in the Heartland Owners Club and get that Cyclone on the road.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy.

Jim M

jbeletti

Hi Greg! Welcome to the forum and to the Heartland Owners Club.

Consider trying a rally this year. There's one coming up in Ontario and of course, our big North American Rally coming up this June in Goshen, Indiana. Plenty of spaces left :)

Have fun making memories with your Heartland.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
From one teacher to a couple of others, welcome to the group. We are looking forward to the day when we get to retire and travel when we want to instead of when my schedule dictates. Enjoy your new lifestyle.
Kristy

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
Welcome Greg & Lynda to the Heartland Owners Club - Ontario Chapter.

The Ontario Chapter rally (link: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/33841-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-ON-McGregor-6-14-2013-to-6-16-2013) will be held in Mcgregor, just 15 minutes north of your home base from June 14th - 16th. This would be a great opportunity to meet other Ontario members and show off your new unit.

Up to 15 Ontario Chapter rally attendees will be traveling on to Goshen, IN for the North American rally. You should consider that one too as this is the ultimate rally with tons of activities/events over a five day period.

Let us know if you are able to attend the Ontario rally in McGregor.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Bob & Christine

alaska dodge

Congrats on the 4100, you will love it.

Bill & Katherine

2013 Cyclone 4100
2012 Dodge Megacab 3500 Dually, 6.7L max tow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Welcome to the Heartland family Greg. We hope you can join us down south in the beautiful state of Washington for a rally. We still have some sites available for this years rally. 😀

scottyb

Welcome Wrenched. WOW! Another 4100. Looks like Heartland has hit a homerun with this model. We love ours and always can't wait to get on the road again. Unfortunately, one of us is still working full time. Sounds like you have discovered that the garage has other uses, too. Did you by chance get the 3rd AC in the garage? Enjoy

Wrenched

Thanks everyone for your kind welcome!
"scottyb" - love your sunset picture in your sig - is that your rig in the photo?
Yes - my intent with the garage was to have a "work space" for the projects I get involved in - and a place for overnight visitors to close a door and have a private space with their own washroom.
No, we didn't get a 3rd AC for the garage - in the areas that we go, the 2 have been plenty. I could really use a heat duct in there though - has anyone made a mod for that? I see you're from Texas - I would imagine the 3rd AC unit would be a critical option.

Mizmary

Wrenched- there is a little heat duct. If you look on the ground between the slider door and the 1/2 bath door - that's a heat duct - or I was led to believe that by our sales rep. We bought this same model and since we use the garage as a bedroom for our two little ones it was a necessity to have heat for them on cooler nights. :-D

scottyb

Thanks everyone for your kind welcome!
"scottyb" - love your sunset picture in your sig - is that your rig in the photo?
Yes - my intent with the garage was to have a "work space" for the projects I get involved in - and a place for overnight visitors to close a door and have a private space with their own washroom.
No, we didn't get a 3rd AC for the garage - in the areas that we go, the 2 have been plenty. I could really use a heat duct in there though - has anyone made a mod for that? I see you're from Texas - I would imagine the 3rd AC unit would be a critical option.

Sorry, I missed this. Yes it is my rig and a friends MH in the photo. It was taken at Firebird Raceway in Chandler, AZ. We are able to set up next to our staging area. I go there 2x / year and can always count on some spectacular sunrises. Yes the 3rd AC would be a bonus for us. We like to use the garage as a doggie day care while we are racing, and that is usually in hot weather. We use a fan in the sliding door for now.

Attachments

• IMG_1903_2.jpg
    IMG_1903_2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 31

Wrenched

I checked after reading your message and there isn't a duct of any kind there. Is your Cyclone a 2013 4100? If it is, then wouldn't our units be the same??