Just picked up 3870FB

orion7144

We just picked our new one up. Traded in the Traveler 32RS for a year end closeout 3870FB. Now the fun begins. All the RG6 connectors I looked at were not secured very well so I will be replacing all of those, the rear camera is always on (did not try with the disconnect off) but in my Traveler it was only on when hooked up to the truck and the lights on, install the EMS, and install the Victron BM-712
20190328_191950.jpg
20190328_170139.jpg

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Congratulations on your new rig. How was your experience at RVWholesalers?

orion7144

It was Holman motors in Batavia Ohio. Same place I bought my first one. Have never been able to find anyone that beats their deals. They also did pretty good on my trade.

CDN

B and B
Nice upgrade. You will like the new Bighorn and extra features and finishes. We did the same thing with a great deal on a Landmark trading our Bighorn in. Enjoy camping!

NYSUPstater

Very nice and congrats !!! See that your new coach has slide toppers. Have noticed that many do not. We ordered them for our BC and love them. Funny thing tho, when we got our very 1st RV (Cedar Creek), I spoke w/ a gal at CC HQ and she told me then ('05) that if I was considering getting them then that she would try to talk me out of it. All I can say is, it's nice not having to crawl on top of the roof to sweep the slides off before bringing them in. Plus they aid in less noise when it rains and lowers temps when in sun. IF there is a downside......don't stand near whatever slide is being drawn in after if rains. Talk about outside shower!

orion7144

I did not want to have to remove the EMS and bigger inverter/charger I installed in the Traveler so I said throw in the slide toppers. They met me half way.

Very nice and congrats !!! See that your new coach has slide toppers. Have noticed that many do not. We ordered them for our BC and love them. Funny thing tho, when we got our very 1st RV (Cedar Creek), I spoke w/ a gal at CC HQ and she told me then ('05) that if I was considering getting them then that she would try to talk me out of it. All I can say is, it's nice not having to crawl on top of the roof to sweep the slides off before bringing them in. Plus they aid in less noise when it rains and lowers temps when in sun. IF there is a downside......don't stand near whatever slide is being drawn in after if rains. Talk about outside shower!

orion7144

We have not camped in it yet (2 more weeks and we start) but love the layout. The only thing that we have noticed is that the shower seems a little narrower than our old one. We also like the separate laundry closet

C-DNAZ

I'm thinking about getting some slide toppers too. Did you have them on your old unit? Live in AZ and when we go up camping the big Pines in the area the pine needles are a pain.