Just purchased new 2012 Cyclone 3712. No warranty or owners manual provided by dealer??

jayandhisgals

We did our walk thru the other day on our new 2012 Cyclone 3712. Did not take the unit home yet because the rear awning & fantastic fan in the kitchen were not working. There were also a few other details that needed to be addressed before we would accept the unit. I brought home all the paper work and discovered there is no info provided covering the Heartland/Cyclone warranty of the unit itself as well as there is no user manual for the Cyclone. Anyone know where I can obtain this information from? Our sales person isn't as helpful or knowledgeable as I would prefer. But we love the unit, so I guess you can't have everything. Any information anyone can provide is welcome and apperciated. Happy Trails! Thanks!

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on the new rig. Nothing like a new toy (hauler). Owners Manuals are somewhat "generic" and available HERE.

Best Wishes for many happy and safe camping adventures! Consider joining a HOC Chapter near you! Lots of fun times!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
In the unit may be a dark blue zippered pouch, about 12x18. It should have all the manuals for warranted items that were installed, like appliances, radio, tv, etc. It may be buried in the back of a cabinet and hard to see. If you don't get it, ask and ask again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayandhisgals

Thanks for the info. I didn't get one in my blue bag. Sales Man said he would work on getting me a copy. Unfortunatly the on line version isn't running properly tonight. Will try it again tomorrow. Really apperciate all the info and the time you all took to answer my question. Happy travels to all. Many blessings. :)

jbeletti

H Jay,

Congrats on your CY purchase and welcome to the Heartland family.

If there's any chance you can make it, please join the MO chapter of the Heartland Owners Club at their rally next weekend in Hannibal. You won't regret making this your first rally.

Jim

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I downloaded the Cyclone Owner's Manual to a thumb-drive and took it to Office Max. For about $7 they will print (double sided) and spiral bind a copy for you in less than 10 minutes. I find it handy to have a copy of the manual in the house for quick reference. I also don't have to remember to put it back in the rig when I'm done.
The dealer should certainly provide you with a manual on a new purchase though!

ksmith555

We didn't receive an owners manual for the actual trailer either. We did get the zipper pouch with all of the appliance warranties. We were advised to print one online which we did...guess they aren't standard anymore :)

wdk450

Jay:
If you can, I would recommend taking an internet connected device, and if possible a printer, with you on your RV trips. Then you can always bring up this forum, click on the "Tools" tab at the top of the page, click on the "Manuals" link, and make your way to a webpage FULL of manuals on the systems and appliances in your Heartland RV. Just use the menus to make your way to the .PDF files.

I hope the Product Line Managers at Heartland are reading this thread and make sure the manual and warranty is included in the blue literature pouch.

I wonder if your dealer would make the effort to check the blue pouches in some of his other Heartland stock, for the literature you need NOW.

jayandhisgals

Thanks for the invite Jim. Would love to be joining everyone this weekend. Unfortunatly.... everything in not well with our brand new Cyclone. Spent 3 days on the dealers lot trying to work all the bugs out with them. Thought we had it all fixed, brought it home tonight (Friday) fired up the generator to show our neighbors our new toy and the darn thing won't run on the gen. It's acting like the gen. isn't connected to the rig. So fustrated. Will be hulling it back to Reliable RV first thing in the morning. We have found so many little quality control issues with this rig. Not what we were expecting from a new toy hauler. How is your new trailer. Did you have any problems when you first picked it up?

jayandhisgals

Just a quick note, I got the gen set working and delivering power to the coach. Thanks to this forum, I was informed that there are breakers on the gen set itself. I went out there fliped the switch and wala! It worked! Finally we are happy campers ;). This web site is the BEST and everyone on here who lends their advice are a blessing. Thank you one and all! Looking forward to many years of being a happy HL owner and will no longer sweat the small stuff knowing we have all you out there to help us thru this new learning experience in our lives. Thanks again, bless you all and happy trails. Hope to see you on the road!

caissiel

I print all my manuals PDF format and store it all in a directory called Heartland RV. My PC can hold lots and they are available offline.

Ii have lots others for truck and cars. No room for paper in our condo on wheels. Besides I would loose them.

Sent from my GT-S5660M using Tapatalk 2