Kenda Tires

fhollan

ChopperBill said:
Yep when I was changing the tire buster asked "why are you doing that when you have good 10 ply tires." Said "I don't trust them" When he got done mounting them he said he now knew what I meant. The side walls on the Michelin's are like a battle ship compared to the Chinese offering.

ChopperBill; I like the above caption.

Chulinw; Those are the right size tires. However yours are cheaper. I checked at Camping World and they had them for $259.00. Where did you find yours? I don't know if Sam's Club would have them or not.

ct0218

Looks like that we probably all have the same size tires, but some have load range E and some have load range G. Its a little confusing in this thread, not sure of the load range in every case.

C

Chulinw

I got my tires from Dave Howell tires a local dealer that gives great prices along with service. I went to Sam's club and they would have to special order them and cost more. I always get my tires from this local dealer because of the service afterwards.

5catfam

I am picking up a new BH 3055 next Saturday, I went and checked tire's today and it has Mission tires made in China. Has anyone heard of them? Should I ask that they be replaced before I take deleivery?:eek:

Tom of Ypsi

I think I would have the tires replaced just from what I have read here and on rv.net. It will probably cost you for the better tires unless you can talk your dealer into replacing them at his cost.

fhollan

Scatfam: If I knew about the Mission tires back in July 06 when I bought the BH, yes, I would probably look at the tires first. At that time I never heard of "Mission" tires until I went to this forum and RV Net. Some horror stories. I would probably attempt to negotiate a deal to get them replaced. Last fall I approached the service manager on the tires. Not being suprised, he never had any complaints about them. I would say, Safety First.

Uncle Rog

Wheel Replacement?

Any body have to replace an aliminum wheel yet? Where did you go to get a new one?...................

Uncle Rog

Thanks billd, those wheels do not match mine? I will get a hold of HL and see where mine are from.....How are things in Santa Ana? UR

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Uncle Rog
Don't buy a wheel until you check with the warrenty dept. I had to replace one set of steel and than a set of aluminum rims. The manufacturer shipped the rims to me directly and also reimbursed me for the remounting. My fiver was under a year old, but I do not know what the warrenty period is for the rims. I know they are not cheap. Good Luck

billd

Roger,

Santa Ana is doing good. Getting ready to take the Horn out to Parker AZ for the river season.

All is well with the 5th wheel but the furnance. Sent an emil to Chirs at heartland to get this resolved.

Bill

ChopperBill

billd said:
Roger,

Santa Ana is doing good. Getting ready to take the Horn out to Parker AZ for the river season.

Bill
Wow! The Colo River has to wild that time of the year. One of our favorite places in the winter. (very jealous!)

Uncle Rog

Chopper, up until about 10-12 yrs ago I thought that thongs were shower shoes, well I guess they still are........

bsnider

BS & Ruth Ann
Trying to get it right!

I am seeing some confusion concerning tires on this forum. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have a 3400RL with a GVWR of 14,000 lbs and KARRIER tires, load range E, Max load of 3500 lbs (4 wheels times 3500 each equals 14,000 lbs - looks like no cushion here). The max pressure on the tire is 90 psi. I understand that the heavier units have stronger tires with max pressure of 110 lbs. I think we need to be careful not to encourage someone with the same tires I have from running their pressure up to 110 lbs.

I called Roger Ansel and got his advice. Remember he authorizes the warranty check when something goes wrong. He said they are getting a low number of failures on the KARRIER tires or in other words, they are performing well. He said I should run the max pressure of 90 lbs in the tires. Mine came from the factory with 65 lbs. They will have 90 from now on.

For newbes like myself, I would recommend calling Mr Ansel if you are not sure what you should do to protect your tires.

Uncle Rog

bsnider, you are absolutely correct, everybody should take the time to really study what their weight / tire combination should be. "Most" E range tires are 80#, most F range 90#, and the G range at 110#. The spec plate on my 3600 calls for E range at 80# even though the GVWR is 16k, the rig came with G range tires. When I weighed the BH it was right at 15k with axel weight of 12k#, so the E range might work but I am still sticking to the 14 ply G range tire. NO tire should be filled over the stated max pressure on the side wall.....

svd

bsnider,
I think you are forgetting to subtract the pin weight from the calculation. In theory, you should only have 12,000 on the axles, leaving you a margin for contents. 2,000 plus is on the truck.

busted2341

I think I can chime in here now. Once again I have another tire failure with the Karrier tires. This summer I found a baseball size bubble on the outside wall of the left rear tire. Kenda (Roger) was helpful but would did not pay to replace a tire that was a year old and had less than 4000 miles on it. He gave me an adjusted price but well short of what was needed. Anyway I just discovered the front right Kenda Tire with about 4500 miles on it has the same big bubble but on the inside. Guess I give up on Kenda Karrrier tires and am ordering 4 new Goodyear Marathons....

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I think I can chime in here now. Once again I have another tire failure with the Karrier tires. This summer I found a baseball size bubble on the outside wall of the left rear tire. Kenda (Roger) was helpful but would did not pay to replace a tire that was a year old and had less than 4000 miles on it. He gave me an adjusted price but well short of what was needed. Anyway I just discovered the front right Kenda Tire with about 4500 miles on it has the same big bubble but on the inside. Guess I give up on Kenda Karrrier tires and am ordering 4 new Goodyear Marathons....

Better check out those Marathons. They were made in China several years ago when I bought them for my old 5ver.