Kentucky Lake Campground

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Bette - contact Tom Combs (ncc1701e) who lives in Ky and has camped in that area. He might be able to help.

ncc1701e

Looking for campground at Kentucky Lake or Land between the Lakes, thank you, Bette

Bette, In my opinion the best campground in that area is LBL Hillman Ferry Campground. It is a COE campground with 320 sites. Now a lot are primitive but we do pull or Sundance (38ft) there from time to time. The campground is beautiful and there are many things to do if you like to fish, hike, ride bikes, or other stuff. It is real easy to get to the campground. Take Exit 31 off I24 and head south 8 miles, turn left and you are there.

I suspect that Road Warrior is about 40+ feet long, so you will want to pick your site carefully. Here is a link that will lead you to the campground and let you review the camp sites. Also at the far end of the lake, actually in TN, is Piney another really excellent campground and is part of the same COE reserve.

LBL (http://www.lbl.org/CAMPHillman.html) At Hillman Ferry you will want to be in section "T" when you look at the map. Hillman Ferry Campground N 36° 56' 58.94" W 88° 10' 50.26"

LBL General Map for Campgrounds (https://www.usedirect.com/CampLBL/Facilities/MapView.aspx) with clickable links to campgrounds.
Piney Campground N 36° 29' 8.40" W 88° 1' 50.74"

When are you anticipating on being in the area? It is only about a 75 mile drive down there for us. When you are in the area, it would be a sin for you not to go up to Grand Rivers, 5 miles, and have dinner at Patti's.

Tom

Last edited:

ncc1701e

Bette, this was taken at Hillman Ferry, June this year, we camped there for a week. Our grandson had is wedding at the resort, Patti's, right up the road.

LBL Jun 2013 A.jpg This is site #T12 and I'm parked towards the rear of the pull thru. There was a good 8 feet in front of the trailer. The site on the web says 40ft, but would easily do 42 or so for trailer lengths. I know I've seen some lengthy trailers on some of the sites over the years.

Tom

Last edited:

dhcolesj

I know I'm lagging behind here, but either campground is a nice place to stay. I have stayed at Piney Campground nearer to Paris Landing many times, but haven't made it to Hillman Ferry. I have been chaplain a few times, and worked on the chaplain's camper up there a time or two. Don't forget about the old Homestead (1850's homeplace with tours), and the planetarium (if it's still there).