Key stuck in the lock

bobca1

2nd weekend of using my new 3110, brought it back to storage and went to lock the front door. Inserted key into the deadbolt lock, turned it left to lock the door, and then tried to remove the key would not come out. Hmm i'll just turn it back to unlock. nope key is stuck and will no longer turn, and the door is locked. Great stuck key. Turns out the keys are very similar and the rear door key will go right into the lock and turn it but then jams. Suggest labeling your keys front and back.
Eventually I got the key out. Went in through cargo door (back door already locked), climbed over my gear, got to front door, removed the 4 screws lock cover, then 2 more screws to get to the tumbler. Then i was able to rotate the tumbler back to get the key out.

porthole

Retired
The key would not come out in the "center" position?

Does the deadbolt normally move freely? I had to adjust my striker for a smooth action of the bolt.

chiefneon

Howdy!

Had a problem with our lock on our Cyclone 4000. Called Heartland and they sent me a new lock. But I ended up replacing the front lock with a keyless one.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

I replace all mine, including the cam locks, with Trimark Key one System locks. The baggage and door locks went in pretty smooth, the cam locks had an aluminum spacer that i had to file for the larger Trimark threads. It was well worth the effort, because i have much better locks and i only use one key now.

2010 Ram 3500 HD
2014 Cyclone 3100
G614 Goodyears
Good Sam gps
Trimark keyed alike
Xantex 2000 watt inverter "Inverter Service Center"
Blue Sea System toggle source selector
L.E.D. running lights
Quadra Bigfoot levelers
Dexter wet bolts
Boyo wireless backup camera
EMS-HW50C
TST 507RV
Smittybuilt air compressor
Splendide 2100XC w/d
26k Husky hitch
Mor Ryde pin box
Loadlifter 5000 @40psi
6-volt 240 AH batteries

Villa custom dinette "Coach Supply Direct" on order

Last edited:

bobca1

Yes it came out in center position, but I could rotate it back to center until I removed the tumbler.
Yes the deadbolt slides freely. The issue here was the keys - they are cut so similar the rear door key will easily turn the front lock but then jambs and can't rotate it back to center to remove the key.
It was a pretty simple fix to remove the lock assembly, an inconvenience that I will avoid now that I have labeled the keys.

The key would not come out in the "center" position?

Does the deadbolt normally move freely? I had to adjust my striker for a smooth action of the bolt.