king bed slide

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We solved the "can't make the bed problem" by replacing the original King mattress with a customed sized, dual chambered air bed. We measured the platform and had the bed made to those measurements. It lessened the width, making it simple to make and shorted the length (neither of us are over 5'8"), allowing more room to move around the bedroom.

This gave us the best of both worlds, still basically a king size bed, but small enough to work much better than the manufacturer installed bed. MUCH better to sleep on too!!

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
Thanks for the welcome Jim,,, and Yes, lol,,, there is an Oldlthrneck man,,, but he just goes by "Oldlthrneck" ;)

In the mean time,,, Im just not making the bed None

We ordered our '08 3055 with a queen bed and after arrival noticed several items. The headboard was not centered with the queen bed mattress. The bed was shifted toward the front closet and still real tight at the pillow end. The extra room next on the shower side is nice.

The storage under the lift up bed becomes nil (next to none).
All in all I am glad we switched from king-size. The tight area
at the pillow end remains a problem when changing sheets.

grizzlygiant

The RV-Ramblers said:
A trick that we use on our king size mattress is to slide it toward the cabinet at the foot of the bed. Then we put the sheets and cover on the mattress. Then slide it back into position and smooth it. Makes task alot easier.

In order to make sliding the mattress easier I put p piece of vinyl floor covering ("linoleum") on top of the box, under the mattress. It slides very nicely now.

Princess Kathleen

We sleep at the foot and put our feet at the head....it makes for easy making. In the morning, I just pull everything smooth and put the pilows up by the headboard. When putting on fresh sheets, DH does the side over by the closet and do the side by the shower. We have a king size matteress. I use the cabinet in the closet for my night stand and DH uses the vanity for his.

PK

I was wondering if anyone has an idea of what size sheets fits on the king bed on the Landmark. I bought Walmart king sheets & they do not stay on. Any help on this would be appreciated. Love the extra room on the king sized bed.

Thank you

soilmovers

I was wondering if anyone has an idea of what size sheets fits on the king bed on the Landmark. I bought Walmart king sheets & they do not stay on. Any help on this would be appreciated. Love the extra room on the king sized bed.

Thank you

I had the same problem until I found sheets made by Simmons. The fitted sheet has an elastic band around the all sides. It stays on nicely. Be sure to note the depth- some are up to 20" mattress depth.

Also, I like the t-shirt knit sheets on the sleeper sofa air mattress. They stay in place and in a nice quality they are very soft. You may want to consider them for your king bed.
Cindy

Tom of Ypsi

We use the California King sheets. I believe we found them at Bed Bath and Beyond. They are still a little oversized and overpriced but they fit better than anything else we have found.

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
So..Princess Kathleen says she sleeps with her head at the foot of the bed in the Luv Shack. That's agood idea. My DW says she tried it while using the unit in Dallas at her little part-time and she says it's great. It also helps to muffle the sound of the traffic. She put and extra pillow against the side facing the traffic and it helped. I suppose there's a new trend emerging. Patti says she can even keep a glass of water on the dresser and get to it without getting out of bed, now! Another innovative thinker.