King HD antenna

CoveredWagon

We have a King Jack DigitalHDTV over the air antenna. Ya know the bat wing one. Always rotated just as it should even as late as 2 days ago. Now it will only rotate 180 degrees and then offers total resistance. I don't want to turn it more and break something. I removed the interior mechanism Nd found nothing wrong. Anyone ever have a similar problem or a fix.
I called King and they message says waiting time is 2 or 3 DAYS. Yup!

danemayer

Have you been on the roof yet? If not, get up there and have someone inside attempt to raise and then rotate the antenna.

CoveredWagon

Have you been on the roof yet? If not, get up there and have someone inside attempt to raise and then rotate the antenna.
Thanks, I'll give it a try. Nothing has happened since I last used it. Not parked undress or anything. Just drove down the road about 300 miles.

CoveredWagon

Ok found the issue. Removed the antenna from the roof, carefully, found that the coax connection to the bat wing had slipped out of its retainer. Apparently the jam nut was not tightened, obviously it is now 😁. Reinstalled everything and sealed it up. 54 OTA channels, 4 of which are worth ( ? ) watching.