King Tailgater stuck at reciver down load

Alb

Hello all,
I am having trouble with a Dish Wally reciver getting stuck at the down load software screen. It never down loads. has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
ALB

richheck

Seasoned Member
Yes, had to have Dish swap out mine. Was told a common problem when trying to download initial download.

123camper

I had heard of these problems with the new Wallys. I hooked it up in the sticks and bricks on our main sat. It took a while for all the down load to complete then took it out to the RV with the tailgater. Took less than half the time and works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Haven't need our tailgater for over a year. Tried to use it last week, would only find one satellite. Wide open space so line of sight wasn't the problem. We have the single LNB tailgater and VIP211k receiver. Just doesn't work anymore.

Ks.Kev

Gus and Debra,
We have had this same problem on getting the all the satellites ..... this is when we first fired it up for the camping season.
We have the service that's a month to month deal, anyway called dish and had them turn the service on and when we got to the camp site hooked everything up only to receive one "how to set up" channel / satellite.
Called dish and found out while the tailgator was off for the winter and when I had turn it back on, it missed a crucial update over the winter. so the dish tech had me turn everything off and then they did a MANUAL UPDATE push to my receiver and it's been working fine ever since.
Don't know if this will help you all or not, Did you get a hold of the service provider and see whats going on?

TxCowboy

We had problems with the Wallys not communicating with the antenna. Apparently, the Wallys are so new, there are no installation instructions or troubleshooting guides available. We eventually had DISH downgrade us to the 211z series receivers.

pegmikef

Haven't need our tailgater for over a year. Tried to use it last week, would only find one satellite. Wide open space so line of sight wasn't the problem. We have the single LNB tailgater and VIP211k receiver. Just doesn't work anymore.

Gus, When I don't use mine for a couple of months It always seems to have a problem because it misses software updates. One of the customer service techs (in the CONUS, yet) told me to ask whatever tech answers for a "hit" and they will poll your receiver and download the required updates. Your system has to be up and at least one satellite available. Mine has been working now for almost five years all over many midwestern and south western states. I leave it hooked up all the time so I no longer have the problem.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I got totally frustrated with them last Tuesday because first the CSRs didn't have a clue about "Dish for My RV", and second, once I was finally able to get though to tech support both techs I talked to were more clueless than me. I even asked about updates and they didn't have a clue. I'm giving up on DISH. There will be a Tailgater and Receiver for sale soon. Will make a concerted effort to only stay at CGs with cable from now on.