Kitchen Faucet Replacement

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We have a 3055RL and the kitchen faucet needs replacement. We would like to install a regular home faucet but the holes in the countertop will not accommodate the house style faucet. Would you suggest any special means of drilling the bigger hole in the countertop? Any precautions or suggestions would be appreciated.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I replaced the faucet on our Bighorn with one very similar. It only needed the one hole to mount it...

This is something like the one we replaced ours with... Kitchen Faucet

Used the single hole that was in the kitchen cabinet...

BC

jbeletti

Hi Deb,

This is not a Heartland factory response, but I reached out to a couple of forum members that are contractors "in the know" in this area.

Here's one response:

Corian and Earthstone (Wilsonart) train their fabricators to make all cuts with a table saw, and all shapings with a router. So, any enlarging of the whole would need to be done with a router and a straight bit. I remember the instructor saying DO NOT use a jigsaw, etc., on solid surface material. That leaves little edges on the cut that can later crack. This is the reason that inside corners on solid surface countertops are radiused, like an aircraft window.

Best of luck,

Jim

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
John thought the router would be the tool of choice. He just wasn't sure. He has everything he would need so if we decide to go with a duel controlled faucet so he should be ok. Thanks Jim and thanks whom ever provided the assistance too!

B

brickman

I am involved in granite. We use lazer guided rail saws, and diamond blades and core bits. That said, I would make a template of one quarter inch plywood and protect the subject material. -------- If you are not faint of heart, just mask off the area and use the layout provided with the fixture and "freehand" it. HA HA!!!!