Kudo's to TST Inc.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Was a little disappointed we couldn't get the same discount we were offered at an earlier rally (Hatteras I think) for the Nashville rally.
I wonder if it was the same "seller". The vendor at the Nashville Rally didn't give me a discount at all and I had done a couple of very nice favors for him at an RV park in Indio, CA. He stayed at our park before and after the FMCA rally. I didn't ask for a discount but I was hoping he might remember how well he was taken care of while he was in Indio. I guess not...

porthole

Retired
I think you are right Ray. I think I was with you just as you had just bought yours and were still at the booth when I got mine. Had we gotten 15% that was offered at the earlier rally (Hatteras or Jersey) that would have paid for an additional sensor ;)

I also bought metal valve stems for ALL my wheels, 5 & 5. Now I don' need them and I do need 2 more sensors. The new truck has 6 wheels and I bought new tires and wheels for the trailer on the way home from Trail Air last August. Since they were the high pressure wheels (135 PSI) they came with metal stems.

Hope Shiny will take my stems back

Last edited:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I think you are right Ray with. You had just bought yours and wee still at the booth when I got mine. Had we gotten 15% that was offered at the earlier rally (Hatteras or Jersey) that would have paid for an additional sensor ;)

I also bought metal valve stems for ALL my wheels, 5 & 5. Now I don' need them and I do need 2 more sensors. The new truck has 6 wheels and I bought new tires and wheels for the trailer on the way home from Trail Air last August. Since they were the high pressure wheels (135 PSI) they came with metal stems.

Hope Shiny will take my stems back

The 15% discount certificate was given out at the Eastern Region Rally in Hatteras. I dealt directly with Dan Covington at TST. No middle man! Sorry you didn't get the chance to use it Duane. It did come in handy for a few folks and I had heard that Dan even extended the time frame for at least one purchaser.

chasdvorak

I'll add to the TST kudo's. I've been using them since the Nashville Rally and have been impressed with the performance. I haven't had the need to use them for a tire problem....knock on wood, yet but I was really surprised at the change in tire pressure due to the winter temperature. In the past, I always made the adjustment without really thinking about it, but when you see the display on a regular basis you really know your tires are properly maintained. This extra knowledge give me a comfort and confidence boost when towing the coach.

Also, I just misplaced my cigarette plug charger and called for a replacement. I spoke with a very nice young lady who offered to send me one for the cost of the shipping. Proof positive that there are folks out there, including Heartland, that know the true value of customer support.

Chuck Dvorak

Vtxkid

Just ordered the TST 507 kit with 4 sensors myself. My next concern will be the valve stems being rubber and the need to switch them to metal...

PUG

Pug
I go by a chart (posted elsewhere here) that 65 degrees outside temp is the "base line temp".

When filling the tires in prep for a trip I add 1 1/2 pds for every ten degrees above 65 and vice a versa for every ten degrees outside ambient for every 1 1/2 pds below 65 degrees. My tires on truck and trl both say 80 pds of air "cold". I have found this works well and all but eliminates having to adjust tire pressures traveling to and from hot or cold climates. My TST unit shows the tires warming up within a few miles of starting up.