Ky campgrounds

Herm45

Looking for recommendations for campgrounds from lexington to louisville. Going in July so we are sure that we need to make some reservatons soon. Thanks for the help.

jjwink

Kentucky Horse park , Lexington, is great. Sites are huge and there are lots of things to do in the area- Toyota plant tour, horse farm tours, Bourban trail tours, KY state capital

VKTalley

Besides the Horse Park (which is nice and convenient to the interstate), there is a RV park in Georgetown that the KY rally will be at in May that you can look at. We have stayed at the Horse Park several times and have enjoyed our time there visiting family in the area.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Looking for recommendations for campgrounds from lexington to louisville. Going in July so we are sure that we need to make some reservatons soon. Thanks for the help.

The Horse Park is great but they do not have sewer hookups. The park we are having our KY Rally at is www.whisperinghillsrv.com It is close to the Horse Park and I-75. We would love to have you join us for the KY Rally May 16-18, 2014. If I can help, contact me. Ken Hyde

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I can recommend, DO NOT stay at Louisville KOA. The park is barely more than a parking lot. When KOA sent me a survey to review our stay, I was complimentary where due, but mentioned the "parking lot" feel.

I got a nasty response from the park, suggesting I stay at WalMart next time!! :(

Here's a pic of our site.

de6uqady.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWChris

The Horse Park is great, but no sewer, but not sure if that matters depending on how long you plan to stay. If you want to stop about 10 miles south of Lexington on I-75 (if you're coming north on I-75) you could try Fort Boonesboro State Park. We stay there a lot on the weekends and they do have sewer sites and 50 amp. It's not right off the interstate but not far and is a nice park. But if you want immediate on and off the Interstate - then the Horse Park or Whispering Hills is your best bet.

Herm45

Thanks for all your responses. The whisperhillsrv looks really good. I would like very much to join the rally Ken, but we are going to be in Gulf shores and Williston, Fla. plus others. Will take a rain check though. Can't wait to get our "baby" out of cold (no pun intended) storage and hit the road.

Thanks again,

ncc1701e

Whispering Hills is a very nice location and I found the owners exceptionally nice people. This picture was taken a year ago at the park. Whispering Hills Georgetown KY-a.jpg. The park is fairly new. Not many trees, but the owners were steadily working on improvements.

mobilcastle

I can recommend, DO NOT stay at Louisville KOA. The park is barely more than a parking lot. When KOA sent me a survey to review our stay, I was complimentary where due, but mentioned the "parking lot" feel.

I got a nasty response from the park, suggesting I stay at WalMart next time!! :(

Here's a pic of our site.

de6uqady.jpg

Looks worse than Walmart to me!!!