L-16 batteries, slide topers and shocks

rsg1963

On our 2016 I installed a Fantastic Fan in the bathroom, deleting the vent with tiny little fan, then added 4 L-16H-AC Trojan batteries in the generator compartment (435AH each) in series and parallel, deleting the two hybrid marine batteries from the factory. Had the dealership add awning-matching slide topers to all three slides and a Heartland spec'd awning to the Kitchen table slide-out (matching the large awning from the factory). Next I proceeded to replace those super useless factory shocks with 4 KYB gas units. The stock shocks were so bad my 7 year old granddaughter collapsed and expanded them like an accordion. I then installed a Progressive Industries 50 Amp Power Surge unit. Replaced all incandescent bulbs with LED (about 50% were still Incan's)
Finally, I replaced all 4 rims and tires using 18" Fuel Rims and 275/65-18 Michelin LTX M/S 2, widening the footprint, and proportionately lowering the sidewall height.

Next on the list is to replace every single drawer slide with residential units that stay closed. Ours pop open every time we tow the unit. They will not stay closed. The dealership wanted to install baby catches. Ummm...NO! Not on our $70K 2016 unit, thank you!

Proper sourcing would have eliminated the need for better shocks and drawer hardware, but that's a topic for another thread.

Last edited:

gasman

Camp Socializer
On the bottom side of each drawer you should find a catch that holds the drawer closed. The only time we have ever had a drawer come open was when it looked like the installer measured from opposite sides and the drawer half and the cabinet half didn't line up.