Lancaster, PA in March

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Deb and I are planning on going to Lancaster, PA Mar 15-18. Deb will probably hit up the Quilt Show on Friday, but after that our main objective will be making it to the Shady Maple! We're staying at the Country Acres CG, about 10 miles east of Lancaster on US 30. Come on down or up or over if you're in the area, or join us for the week-end.

RuralPastor

Having lived in Lancaster in the 1990's, and now visiting several times a year, I can say you are in for a treat at the Shady Maple. I'm getting hungry just thinking about 200 feet of buffet filled with good Dutch cooking! Have fun. Cindy and I just returned from there last Sunday. Headed there again over Valentines week, and then again the last week in Feb.

dieselsweetheart

Oh ya...we've all been there and know what a harvest awaits us when we walk through the door.... Are you thinking Friday night or Sat night Gus?

CampHOG

Hello Gus & Debbie,

Have you gotten anybody to camp with you @ Country Acres yet.

If not, we'd like to invite you to join us at Old Mill Stream CG for this weekend (much closer to the quilt show & and there is even a quilting group @ the campground this weekend) Our Good Sam club is here for the weekend, and we have access to a nice room with a fireplace to hang out if it's cold. If you can not, we'll get in touch with you over the weekend to say hello. We also like Country Acres but really enjoy Old Mill Stream in the off season.

boatto5er

Hello Gus & Debbie,

Have you gotten anybody to camp with you @ Country Acres yet.

If not, we'd like to invite you to join us at Old Mill Stream CG for this weekend (much closer to the quilt show & and there is even a quilting group @ the campground this weekend) Our Good Sam club is here for the weekend, and we have access to a nice room with a fireplace to hang out if it's cold. If you can not, we'll get in touch with you over the weekend to say hello. We also like Country Acres but really enjoy Old Mill Stream in the off season.

Thanks Jim (or Terry?), we do have friends with a Class A planning on coming up with us. We are also Good Sam members so wouldn't be too much out of place.:angel: Let me check with our friends and see if they want to move. I'll get back to you in a couple of weeks probably.

Gus (and Debra):)

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
CampHOG: You have given me information that may work in my favor. DW really wants to attend the Quilt show as she had so much fun last year. My problem is we are to be in Elko that Friday for the GA rally, and the campground (Country Acres) doesn't open until Thursday 3/15. Anyway you squeeze it, we would end up with not enough Quilt show time, and how to travel to GA to meet timeline. Impossible. Your suggestion to Gus about the Old Mill Stream CG sparked my curiosity, and I now know that Old Mill CG is open YEAR ROUND. I had wrongly assumed that all of the PA campgrounds closed for the winter. In theory now, we could get to Old Mill Stream CG on 3/13, DW could be at the Quilt show 3/14 (opening day), and we could be on the road to GA on 3/15. DW would be happy, and I would be thrilled ;) to be able to eat at the Shady Maple. Thanks for your information.

boatto5er

Thanks Jim (or Terry?), we do have friends with a Class A planning on coming up with us. We are also Good Sam members so wouldn't be too much out of place.:angel: Let me check with our friends and see if they want to move. I'll get back to you in a couple of weeks probably.

Gus (and Debra):)

Hi Jim and Terry,

I switched our reservation to Old Millstream CG for Mar 15 thru 18. We'll be arriving sometime late afternoon of the 15th. Our friends, Bob and Stephanie Hill are also coming in around then. I asked the CG to put us in a site close to your group, but don't have a site number. See you then.

Gus